Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 6,225
» Latest member: agemaagency
» Forum threads: 1,915
» Forum posts: 12,407

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 94 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 94 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
The EncapBoard is Now Clo...
Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION
Last Post: encapman
12-24-2020, 04:48 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12,518
cleaning glue down carpet
11-16-2020, 03:12 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2,804
7-Part Commercial Carpet ...
10-07-2020, 04:25 PM
» Views: 2,625
Releasit & Fiber pads in ...
09-22-2020, 04:26 PM
» Views: 3,654
Cleaning Solutions in hea...
08-30-2020, 09:56 PM
» Views: 4,219
ox-Erase
08-18-2020, 05:26 PM
» Views: 4,438
Noisy Cimex
07-27-2020, 06:01 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 7,965
NEW Excellent Supply Webs...
07-13-2020, 05:14 PM
» Views: 3,907
New joiners
Last Post: Lounge Lizards
04-17-2020, 05:21 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,301
Gecko 7-foot Extender Hos...
03-21-2020, 06:25 AM
» Views: 8,096

UPS Holiday Schedule and a Major UPS Storm Delay
Posted by: encapman - 12-21-2012, 01:31 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - No Replies

As you can see from the UPS holiday schedule, UPS does not provide GROUND SHIPPING on December 24th or December 25th; nor December 31st or January 1st.

Since our operation at Excellent Supply is dependent upon UPS Ground Shipping, our office will also be closed on these dates. If UPS Ground is not running, neither are we.

[Image: ups-schedule.jpg]

Also we just received a notice that due to extreme weather conditions, the UPS Worldport hub in Kentucky is not running. The Worldport hub is UPS's primary shipping hub, so this will impact a large percentage of shipments throughout the country.

[Image: ups-notice.jpg]

We want to apologize for any interruptions or delays!

And for you guys in the areas affected by the blizzard - be careful!
You all should be down here in sunny Florida where it's still short sleeve weatherTongue

Lightbulb Commercial Contracts and timing of proposals
Posted by: Anew Carpet Cleaning OKC - 12-20-2012, 05:11 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (5)

I have been speaking with my co worker about monthly or quarterly contracts. My inclination is to demo first, offer a price based on what they show me are their areas of concern. I plan on then following up, and informing them of price breaks that come with monthly maintenance. My co worker thinks we should offer the maintenance/monthly/quarterly agreements right of the bat. I haven't had anyone sign up for maintenance yet, but we've also been targeting smaller businesses, I wanted to get some experience making sales in the smaller markets, so I can fix mistakes made being new to the CCC selling process. We have closed all the demos we have given for a one time cleaning so far.

What do you guys think?

A) Offer different options to the prospects on initial contact.

B) Offer a estimate based on the carpet they want cleaned that day.

C) Ask them is they would like an estimate on monthly or quarterly cleaning in addition to the one time price.

Obviously there could be more options, but I wanted to keep it simple.

Any input from my fellow cleaners would be appreciated.

Thanks all, Have a good Holiday

Brandon
Go Green Carpet Clean
Oklahoma City OK

Happy Holiday's to everyone
Posted by: NJP - 12-20-2012, 07:48 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - No Replies

I just want to wish everyone A safe and happy holiday season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Blog Entry: The Secret of The "Baker's Dozen"
Posted by: encapman - 12-19-2012, 03:01 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (2)

I wrote an article this week that may be interesting for you guys. It's actually an idea I came up with many years ago toward the start of cleaning my business. In fact this concept has stuck with me through the years and is still a core principle in our business today. I hope you find it interesting...

http://www.excellent-supply.com/The-Secr..._b_18.html

Orbot spray borg
Posted by: Peter B - 12-17-2012, 09:52 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (7)

Just got my new orbotsprayborg It will make a great addition to our 2 cimex machines.Also a nice end of the year right off. We are offering low moisture cleaning to our residential customer who will need the cleaning in the COLD winter months up here in VERMONT. NO OPEN DOORS/NO OPEN WINDOWS AND 1 HR. DRY TIME.
Peter B.
Thank you Rick and your sales teamBig Grin

Cimex Price Increase - Save Now
Posted by: encapman - 12-17-2012, 07:12 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (6)

[Image: cimex-sale-2012.jpg]

Using Odorcide Fresh Scent w/ releaseit
Posted by: ftgjr - 12-14-2012, 04:01 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (7)

I have a gymnastics center to clean. The carpet is one year old and in great shape. They say they have a slight odor in the childcare area. I was thinking of using Odorcide Fresh Scent with Releasit. What is the proper dilution?

looking to buy soft cimex brushes for oriental rug cleaning
Posted by: Joe DeSouza - 12-13-2012, 11:55 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (4)

Hi Y'all,

Its been a long time since ive posted here!! For some reason I had to reset my name and login, so now it says i'm a newbie, even though ive been on this board for a long, long time LOL!!Tongue

....Im looking to get some of those soft brushes for cleaning orientals (for the 19" cimex)...anyone got a set laying around the shop they want to sell?

Thanks!

Joe DeSouza

Wow, just looked at the archived site and found some of my old posts dating from 2005 - 7 years!

Tempus Fugit

Using peroxide as a booster
Posted by: cleancorp - 12-10-2012, 08:04 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (7)

If I wanted to buy 40 volume peroxide from a beauty supply to use as a booster how many ozs. per gallon of cleaner should I use? Anyone else do this? Thanks.

Monthly Accounts
Posted by: leofry@1966 - 12-09-2012, 01:02 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (20)

how can i get more... I have thought about really putting my advertising dollars toward the monthly accounts

idea
1. get past the gate keeper and start taking the decision maker out to dinner.
and tickets to ballgames and such (whats legal and whats not)

2. have a lunch for all the decision makers pay for the lunch and put on a presentation.
(how to put on a good no GREAT presentation)

3. give a bid that and give the fist 2 months free...

Monthly accounts would help me so much that's what i need

I guess I would also like some advice ... do some of you guys have a system... example..

1. send a card to the decision maker introducing yourself
2. two weeks after card call or stop in
3. follow up call or stop in
4. repeat system every 3 months...