• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My experience with diluted leftover solutions...
I have had some leftover dilution of DS2. The mix was strong with 6 oz per gallon. Have had it in a sealed Orbot container for more than a week and thought about using it today...felt a bit unsecure about the cleaning power and boosted the solution with 2 oz per gallon of Punch.

I know that it is recommend to use Punch as a pre spray, but in the case of the "old" solution i thought it would be worth a try...

The customer has a 15 year old CGD...never been cleaned with some heavy traffic lanes... I only worked with my MF pads with scrub stripes, kind of Microbeast pads. Worked great! Made a fast wet scrub pass in the offices and the hallway and came back to clean with a slower pass.

The carpet realy came back to life. As the carpet dried the colurs pooped up- as using some HydrOx or Hydrogen peroxide!

Just wanted to share my experience that diluted solutions in a sealed container still work and Punch as my booster gave the extra kick.
I have been able to keep premixed solutions for two to three weeks.
I do keep the solution away from heat and in a dark area.
You can always boost it a bit if you feel the need.
I keep premixed solutions in the dark cold garage. So, it should be fine. Lee, did you boost solutions with Punch? Or what do you use if you feel the need?
I run DS2 with Punch as a first step in a gravity fed 175 with fiber pads when things are really dirty.
Then follow with Orbot with Blue Bonnets and DS2.
I use Hydrox with the Orbot on light colored residential carpet.
Also use Hydrox as a spotter for protein stains.
In a SEALED container, you can normally store mixed solution for a week or two. No problem.
(03-10-2017, 11:54 PM)lee@deepclean.us.com Wrote: I run DS2 with Punch as a first step in a gravity fed 175 with fiber pads when things are really dirty.
Then follow with Orbot with Blue Bonnets and DS2.
I use Hydrox with the Orbot on light colored residential carpet.
Also use Hydrox as a spotter for protein stains.

Interesting. Why do you use the 175 instead of the Orbot with a fiber pad?

I am still learning how to achieve the best results that's why i am asking...
Just my personal preference Bernd based on the equipment I have on hand.
The 175 with gravity feed seems to "whiten" better than spraying and since most of the weight on a 175 is located directly over the pad it does a good job of scrubbing.
For me the 175 followed by Orbot combo works well. Been doing it for years on commercial with good results.
I know it is more labor intensive but I charge more and most of my work is small accounts.