• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
patches and other funny shapes on carpet - post encap
anfsec, you answered your own question, as Rick also answered  (which I missed originally).

Second problem was the divets in the carpet left by bed casters and furniture legs.

Crushed carpet indentations from heavy furniture, can leave permanent impressions on the carpet. That's not a condition that cleaning can alter. 

Unfortunately, when heavy furniture is left on the carpet in one spot for a period of time, it becomes crushed and the fiber "loses it's tension memory".

Or in other words, it's due to the collapsing of pile yarns, resulting in carpet matting and loss of resilience.

I have read of some using ice on these spots & then teasing the fibers back up again, (similar to what you have done), BUT, as soon as weight is put back on the area again, it crushes back down because it has lost it's resilience.

Synthetic carpets are the worst for this, wool has a natural resilience.

Regarding the patchiness, are you referring to the dark & lighter lines??

It could be "Shading".

Apparent color shade difference between areas of the same carpet caused by normal wear and/or random difference in pile lay direction. It is a characteristic of cut pile carpet. It is not a defect. - See more at: https://www.staticworx.com/articles/esd_....php#tabr5

Or, if you are still using the CRB, it could simply be the way the machine is being worked across the carpet. It looks very similar to vacuum lines.
IE: You push the vac or CRB in one direction, then pull it back overlapping the area you have done, causing the pile to lay in a different direction thereby casting light refraction differently, and the carpet looks as per your photo's.

Groom the carpet after cleaning with a Grandi Groom.
Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........

Messages In This Thread
RE: patches and other funny shapes on carpet - post encap - by Lounge Lizards - 02-06-2017, 01:29 AM