• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EDDM help (Rick)
I put Rick in the top so he would notice. But I would like everyone's help. I want to put together a commercial EDDM. Has anyone done this? And if so can you post yours. I am looking for something that pops with current bullet points and pictures. Rooms that are half cleaned to show the difference. I will be putting these in a commercial folder, handing some out and mailing some. We just hired a commercial sales rep. And would like to get some printed ASAP. We use the Cimex and Orbot. We do have TM equipment. But only use encapsulation on CGD. Thanks.
Guess I'm dumb.
What is a a commercial EDDM?
Every Door Direct Mail Tongue

Big Grin
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Thanks, I've never heard "junk mail" referred to as EDDM before. I personally feel that "every door direct mail" is an enormous waste of money. The return on that is terrible.

For commercial work, the best strategy I've found is to get right in front of the decision maker. Set up an appointment and speak to them face to face. Run through a very brief presentation (I've had excellent success using a Powerpoint style presentation for this). After the presentation, perform a carpet inspection. Next provide a free demo. Write up a proposal. And close the sale.

I've found that it's OK to mail them some information, but the entire objective is to get in front of the prospect in order to do what I've outlined here. Mailing is simply a component part of a larger strategy of getting to speak with them in person.

But I'll be happy to be wrong. If any of you have found success doing direct mail, please share what's worked for you.
I confess, I also didn't know what it meant, so I Googled it. Blush

I also agree that it's a W.O.F.T.A.M. ( Waste Of Flamin' Time And Money ).

Get in their face and if you don't succeed, go back again.

And again.

And again.

Be persistent and eventually you'll crack it.

By doing the above, I now have 9 regular travel centres & 11 jewellery stores, all on a regular clean.

Not much, but they all add up, I specifically targeted these stores in various shopping centres.

I can do a jewellery store at close of business, then a travel centre in the same centre, two hours work for better than AU$300.00

I have keys for all of the travel centres, & I'm still home by 20:00.

Want to do even better ??

Get the CMS and follow it to the letter.

This is what I do to land not only the above, but also the very large jobs that pay nicely, thank you very much.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I will only be mailing these to help warm up the lead. For the most part they will go in my commercial folder. And be handed out at the time of the meeting.
As Shorty mentioned, we have a sales letter and flyers in the CMS program. There are also some instructions on how to put it all together in order to get in front of the decision maker. http://www.excellent-supply.com/CMS-Comm...p_312.html

Mailing some info to warm up the lead is good. A brief sales letter along with a sharp looking flyer sent to the decision maker is a way to make a connection with them.

I also agree with what Shorty says about persistence persistence persistence persistence persistence persistence persistence persistence persistence persistence.
Every Door Direct is a great program for residential, it was not really designed for commercial application. You cannot send to commercial only with this program, you would be wasting lots of money this way since most of your mailing would be going to residential homes.

When we are mailing to commercial buildings that I want to service first thing I do is find out how the cleaning is handled janitorial company's job, property management companies job, tenants are responsible for their spaces prop management does common areas, and so on.

Find out who makes the decisions on the cleaning contracts.
We then implement our 4 to 6 step lumpy mail sequence, with phone call of visit in the middle sequence.

I pick 50 places at a time to do this to then rotate back though in about 3 to 4 months. I have not had to do this in a while as I choose the keep it small manageable and profitable model for our business.
(04-13-2014, 01:00 PM)David-Hebert Wrote: I choose the keep it small manageable and profitable model for our business.

I like your approach David. That's the essence of a wise business strategy IMHO.
I've done it a few times before. My assessment is this: my mistake has been that I didn't do what someone told me to do, which was to pick a cluster of neighborhoods and consistently advertise in those neighborhoods. So, I've had one batch that turned a profit and a couple that didn't.

If you're still interested I can post some of mine or email.