• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T-rex for bonnet cleaning
Hey guys, I've got a question for you.

I'm primarily a crb, truckmount extract guy, however, I get a handful of high rise condos to clean every month that can't be reached with the truckmount and those are my concern right now. I had been scrubbing with my 175 and then extracting with my portable but I'll be honest I absolutely HATE using the portable. It's a good one but 2 extention cords, a dump hose, fill hose, solution hose and vacuum hose to manage along with the occasional tripped breaker and loud machine is just getting to be a little much to handle particularly in these small condos. Not to mention the room in the van and the weight lifting it in and out.

When I got my crb I started experimenting on these condos with crb/175 combo using release it products and it's really working well and that's the direction I want to go.

My 175 is old as dirt and looks that way so I want to upgrade.

I was thinking of a mytee 175 but since I'm always looking for a way to spend money I don't have [WINKING FACE] it dawned on me that I could get a T-rex with the bonnet head and I could have a bonnet cleaner and rotary extracter in one and save some room on the van.

So all that to ask is there any reason a T-rex would not work to bonnet clean? It would be used in conjunction with the crb.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
IMO, the T Rex is too small and light for that application. 15" cleaning path and 65 lbs is fine for rotary extraction, but probably not an effective bonnet cleaner. Can you do it? Sure. Are there better choices? Yep! I think you're on track with a 175, or consider an OP machine. Good luck!
The 15 inch path is perfect for the application I intend on using it. These condos are always furnished and most of them are pretty small. Sometimes I can't even get my 15 inch crb in between the bed and wall without moving the bed over.

Another reason for looking to upgrade is my 175 is a 20 inch which is definitely too big.

Now the lack of weight does concern me but I was hoping the use of the crb in combo with the T-rex would make up for the lack of weight on the T-rex.

Originally I was debating between 175 and the Vario but I think I've all but ruled out the Vario. Most of these carpets are cut pile carpet maybe just a small step up from what you may see in a cheap apartment complex and I worry about tip blooming with the Vario. Plus I've been doing a fine job with the crb/175 and I already have a cimex for commercial so I just don't see the advantage to the Vario for me.

Based on the tight spaces you're working in, I'd say you're right about the 15" cleaning path being ideal. I'd still lean toward a 175. I can't speak to the tip blooming topic from personal experience because we don't do any residential and haven't experienced it. But, from talking to guys who do OP residential, they tell me the problem of tb is overblown, and that it can be eliminated by using a glide, a lubricated pad, like the new MF pad Rick is carrying without the scrub strips, and by keeping the machine moving at all times. However, if your spaces are that tight, the VARIO may not be a viable option anyway.
Hey Rick, I understand you are a Mytee disributor. Does that mean you would be able to get me a T-rex if that's the direction I decide to go?

(04-20-2014, 02:36 PM)joey895 Wrote: Hey Rick, I understand you are a Mytee disributor. Does that mean you would be able to get me a T-rex if that's the direction I decide to go?

Yes we are a Mytee distributor. And yes, we could sell you one.
Shoot me an email... rick at excellent-supply.com
(04-21-2014, 06:51 AM)encapman Wrote:
(04-20-2014, 02:36 PM)joey895 Wrote: Hey Rick, I understand you are a Mytee disributor. Does that mean you would be able to get me a T-rex if that's the direction I decide to go?

Yes we are a Mytee distributor. And yes, we could sell you one.
Shoot me an email... rick at excellent-supply.com

How about a Zipper? I don't suppose you are a disributor for Zippers are you?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.
Nope, not a Zipper distributor.

But we do have some velcro Tongue