• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRB wool rug and fuzz?
I cleaned a wool area rug with my CRB machine today. It would have been great, accept a lot of the fuzz it was pulling up stayed on the rug. I tried going over it slow then fast and then over and over. Finally I used my vacume while the rug was still damp and that worked good enough. Any tips, I figure there has to be a way to get all the fuzz up with just the CRB?
Wool is made from "staple" fiber. Unlike nylon/olefin/polyester, etc that's made from enormously long extrusions - wool comes from sheep, and their hairs are only a couple of inches long. During manufacturing they take these short hairs and twist them into yarn. So there's loads of short hair within the strands of fiber of a wool carpet. Naturally these hairs will work themselves loose. It is a natural characteristic of wool carpet. So fuzz with wool can be expected. Vacuuming afterward is the best way to retrieve the loose fiber that you'll likely encounter with wool. It's the nature of the beast (or should I say, the nature of the sheep).
Did you use the correct brushes? I have brushes especially for doing wool carpet/rug, they are very soft.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I used the reg brushes, I also have the soft white brushes but was told that they are only for very delicate rugs, and the blue is good for just about anything else.