• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dried soda on CGD
I have a job on Fri that has a large spot of dried soda on cgd. I use to crank up the heat on my truck mount and desolve it, but I will be encapping this?
Be sure to take before and after photos! If you find it challenging, do additional scrubbing without putting more solution down.
Here is what we recommend.
Best of all - it works...

How To Eliminate a Recurring Spill Stain:

1. First: Scrub the spot for at least 60 seconds (scrub for 2-3 minutes if the spot is a tough one). Scrub it with next to no moisture in the pad (practically zero moisture). So you're scrubbing the daylights out of that spot with MINIMAL moisture. I will normally scrub a circle around the spot with the Cimex first, leaving the spot bone dry. Then I'll run the machine over a section of dry carpet for a few seconds to dry out the pads. Then without squeezing the solution valve, I'll criss-cross over the spot for a minute or more as outlined above. The only moisture is coming from what gets picked up from the perimeter of the spill stain.

2. Next: Spray a few good mists of concentrated Releasit Encap-Clean DS2 onto the area using a trigger sprayer. The concentrate is mixed 1:3 if you're using Encap-Clean DS2.

3. Final Step: Work the concentrated Releasit down into the fiber by running the machine back across the spot one last time.

This process works perfectly just about 100% of the time, if it is performed to the letter. You've got to scrub intensely with minimal moisture first. Then apply the concentrated Releasit. Then work the concentrated Releasit down into the fiber. The fluoro-chemical retards the wicking process during drying, and the concentrated polymer crystallizes any spill residue remaining at the base of the carpet. BaddaBing-BaddaBoom the recurring spot is gone for good. Even if the carpet is cleaned later with HWE, the spot won't reappear. Follow this little trick carefully, and prepare to be amazed Smile

[Image: spill_stain.jpg]
Great info Rick!
Eezy peezy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. That dried soda didn't have a chance against DS2!!!