• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ct6 encap training course (is it worth it)
I see a ct6 encapsulation training course in Philadelphia on 6/3. I was wondering if anybody has any experiance with this company, and if you think it will be worth the $399.00 per day charge.
Come on down to Excellent Supply. We'll give you a REAL encap course for half that price and we'll even throw in lunch. Smile
Im going to take you up on that, I'm in ct so it might be a while till I can make it (unless you want to come up here and i'll buy lunch?)
399 for a course on encapping. There is nothing there at that 399 course that you can not learn here for free. Take the 399 and buy some pads and DS and read or call Rick and you will learn all you need to know.
I agree with jtmellon! Read every post for the last six months and you will save $399 and probably know more!
I'm still not confident with upholstery cleaning. I do have the upholstery brush that Rick sells and a small drill, I also bought a makita polisher/sander but am not sure what kind of pads to use with it? Any advice?
Rick, please make a video on cleaning uph. LOL. As am going to start charging from here on in.

mark63, what type of uph you trying to clean?
Rely just everything I cleaned with my truck mount (anything that can take moisture) I bought a portable extractor, but if I can encap that would be my prefered method.
I always use an encap solution when cleaning upholstery. But I always use
HWE after scrubbing. Two weeks ago I cleaned a filthy greasy microfiber sofa and no
way would I have just left the encap on the sofa. Water was black. Cleaning
upholstery make sure you know the material & coloring bleeding. Don't rely on
the tag if it's still on the cushion. I use microfiber sponges for upholstery cleaning
& a soft brush for the arms and neck areas.
Mark, I love cleaning upholstery.

Most of my work is done with either a Makita Variable Speed Polisher, 9227CX3, or our Cyclo.

We have two of each of these toys for large production work.

The Mak; we generally use bonnets on in preference to pads.

The Cyclo, normally we use brushes, we have a couple of different ones depending on the fabric.

On the real grotty, oil laden pieces, we always rinse/extract using a small porty or spotting machine after we have agitated with the previous equipment.

We are also very conscious of the wear and tear on our bodies, so have "accessories" such as folding tables to clean cushions on, small stools to place under larger pieces to allow us to clean the outside back or front kick panel on an angle instead of working in a bent position.

Skidders, furniture jack, blocks, tabs, mattress protectors to catch possible over-spray, towels, sprayer for fabric protection etc; are also there to make our life easier and more profitable.

We can make more money cleaning furniture than we can cleaning residential carpets, which we don't do much of now, except in high rise condo's.

Furniture fabrics are so much different to carpet and so we charge accordingly.

Cool
Thanks lounge lizard. I would really like to know what type of bonnets you use on the makita, where to get them and how they fit on?
Hi Mark,
I believe they are manufactured by Tuway and that Excellent-Supply can supply them, check with Rick.

I use three different types depending on the fabric and soil load.

They simply attach to the velcro driver on the Makita.

I also use the Mak; on the slowest possible speed.

In 6-8 years, I have had no problems with this arrangement since I was instructed on how to use them by the late Gary Heacock prior to him demonstrating them at Mikeyfest one year.

[Image: 20140601_124425_zps701d7f81.jpg]

Hope this helps.

Cool