• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to start a Encap business and would love some advice.
First up I think all who post here are a credit to your industry. Lots of good advise.

I currently run an antenna business and have had resonable success, buy tired of getting in roofs, under houses etc and have been researching carpet cleaning. I have a good reporte with my customers but if you do a good job they won't need me for another ten years or so. I won't bore you with the details.. not a lot of repeat business mostly referal

I like the idea of having repeat business and flexability with time. I was thinking of residential to start with but after reading a post that Shorty (If you could start again?) gave some good advise on, got me re-thinking. I do like the look of Rick's CMS and more profitability.

Some thoughts on below would be well appreciated...

Starting out, I could probably invest $10000 to start but would prefer less $5-6000.

Would a CRB be the first investment and start from there or go the whole hog and do Cimex as well? Maybe CRB and OP Nautalis 1515C $1500 plus pads approx

Duplex or CRB?
CRB have seen one online here in oz Pro45 by Masterclean $3500
Ive seen a Floormac - 33cm 13" maybe for stairs, tight areas (Swiss by Cleanfix)has brush I think for tiles $1000 plus bonnets

Cheap car buffer modified for chairs $ $100???
Releasit products of course.
Rick's CMS a given
Website $250 (same as my Antenna one www.antennafix.com.au)
Flyers, cards etc
Training in Melbourne ???

These are some thoughts for now, I hope it makes a bit of sense.

Shorty I see your from Cairns go the Cowboys...

I grew up in Rockhampton now living in Tasmania (part of the attraction of VLM)

Thank you all in advance

Tony
  Reply   Purge Spammer
We don't yet have our Vario machines in Australia. That leaves you only with the Orbot machines as an orbital option. We will have a 230 volt version ready soon though, so a lower priced OP machine will eventually be available Down Under. At any rate, I would highly recommend considering an orbital for someone just starting out. It covers the widest spectrum. Welcome to your new venture - I hope you make a big success out of it!
Rick, have shot you an email.

The spammer thinks I'm a spammer again. Big Grin

Shortwunbrain.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Ausmaca, welcome aboard from Alabama USA. May I suggest that you add a small spotting machine to your initial purchase? It will enable you to do stairs and extract troublesome spots as well as do upholstery.

Good luck!
With Respect,
Stephen
Thanks Rick, I appreciate the advice. Still trying to absorb all the information available, I'll keep a watch on the Vario.

Thanks Act One, definitely something on the list.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Hi Tony, I tried to post info here but the spammer knocked me back.

Pm me your email addy & I'll seeif I can give you the info you're after in Oz.

Cheers,

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Hi another Aussie on here just wanting to start out, that's really cool !!

I (aussieorbotman) only started about 2 months ago.I am from Bathurst, NSW.
I purchased a Orbot machine and also a small mytee Lite HWE unit for upholstery, spots and stains also use it on small rooms with a wand.I have been amazed at the results both machines can bring and used together if I get stuck bring wonderful results.Power Clean in Noosa Heads has been such a support to me and is where I purchased all the equipment and they gave me a bit of theory and training.The Orbot was $5000, Mytee lite about $1700, spot and stain kit which you will need - $250 to $300 i think, a lot of vacaway products and powerclean stuff in there. Covering virtually every sort of stain and spot. fibre plus pads are about $75 for five pads. Super Zorb pads - $30 each I think. The wand was about $500-$600.Releassit encamp chemical - $111.00 for 5litres,
you will need anti foam its $47 for 5 litres if buying a small HWE unit, Fibre pro - $30-40.

All up I spent about $8500, Iam very happy and really impressed of what the Orbot can accomplish not just doing carpets but tile and grout, buffing up sealed floors, stripping floors and heaps more. i don't want to sway you but the Orbot is such a versatile piece of equipment and you will not be disappointed in encapping with it.
Cheers
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Thanks AussieOrbotman, I read with interest your comments, sorry for the late reply, I have been surfing and reading post after post trying to devolp a model that suits what I want to acheive. The MyTee did catch my eye as good value and have read lots of good things re the Orbot. I really hope things are working well for you.

I have changed tact a bit lately and if I do go ahead and get into carpet care I'll probably start with residential first. A couple of kids (11 &13) after hours and weekends probably won't suit going after commercial onl at this stage.

I like the idea of CRB, encap and dry sponges as a method I could manage and I liked the no moisture angle as a sales method. Trying to stand out from the norm TM process is something I would like to achieve. I came across this system whilst "Reasearching" different approaches.

http://www.kerrick.com.au/products/shamp...n-brush-2/

It sprays, agitates and vacs in one process. Made in Italy by Santoemma they claim fast extraction and 1 hour dry times which fits my thoughts at this stage. Not big numbers in spray pressue vac lift etc but I particularly like the brush/agitation & LM

I was hoping for some suggestions on what chems to use if I go down this path. Would I
1 Dry vac with Sebo X5, use a traffic type prespray and then a HWE detergent to extract.
2 Dry vac with Sebo X5, prespray with encap and extract with the same encap product.
3 Dry vac with Sebo X5, prespray with encap and extract with plain water (not sure if this would dilute to much of the encap prespray.

It's a bit late here and im a bit tired to edit the post so I trust it makes sense.

any advice welcome.

cheers
Tony
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Hi Tony, sorry mate been very busy with cleaning and carpet cleaning.
I have found that the the HWE unit (Mytee Lite) and Orbot machine work really well together on the hard jobs.

I dry vac with a Colombus xp sensor ( i think that's what it is called?) great vac for residential the power brush automatically adjusts to suit carpet. If carpet hasn't been cleaned for a long time (2 or more years) and is heavily soiled i use Punch releassit for synthetic carpets- prespray and agitate. Leave for 4-5minutes dwell time. Use HWE unit and go over. Then finish off with Orbot with cleaning cloth pad - dries and also cleans any access dirt, may spray occasionally to stop wicking process. Use air blower to finish off, groom carpet with carpet rake. This way I have had great results but is very time consuming and is a lot of work. Later down the track will buy a floor master mytee. Mytee lite is great but i think it's a lot of work for a little machine.

Hope that helps a bit, I am only learning myself.
Cheers, Shane
  Reply   Purge Spammer