• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to safely lift a cimex
Here is a quick video on how to lift cimex with one person or two people. We recommend using a ramp whenever possible.

https://youtu.be/DfmdAgvIivk

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Barrett Wiley
Cleaning Concierge

Commercial Cleaning New Orleans
504-377-7862
Info@mycleaningconcierge.com

Thank you for sharing that. The only word of caution is to be very careful with the tank. When grabbing the machine, it's easy to jolt the tank. And if you bump or manhandle the tank, it will easily become loosened. If it becomes loose, the pinch valve won't function properly and the solution won't cut off properly. So be very careful that you don't bump the tank when you lift it.
With respect, I have two points to make with this video.

1:    Always use a ramp or two people.

Second point, sorry but I thoroughly disagree with this demo;

2:    Those guys are lifting with their backs, not their legs.

Therein lies a recipe for disaster, ie; back injury that could see a person maimed, (possibly for life).

Always lift safely, when it's too heavy, or awkward, get a helping hand.

Considering all the times I lifted a floor polisher in & out of my van, (& they're a lot lighter than a Cimex), my back is in remarkable condition since I saw the light 3 decades ago & started using ramps.

They're easily stored against the side of the van when traveling.

[Image: Ramps%20n%20Port%20013_zpsoqs3vqc8.jpg]

[Image: Ramps%20n%20Port%20010_zps1cpm97ln.jpg]
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Shorty is right.
With Respect,
Stephen
I have to agree. Save your back - it's the only one you have!
I do recommend using a ramp as much as possible.

I am in no way using my back to lift it. I'm in the white shirt. It is all legs and arms. I deadlift weekly with barbells. Grabbing close to the base/weight of the unit allows for more control and let's you deadlift the machine up.

It's the safest way to lift it and get it in the van without a ramp for one man.

We lift 175s in a similar manner. Get as close to the weight/base as possible then squat down and explode from your legs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Barrett Wiley
Cleaning Concierge

Commercial Cleaning New Orleans
504-377-7862
Info@mycleaningconcierge.com