• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex pulley bearing replacement tutorial
Apologies if this has been covered but I couldn't find it anywhere except to see that people seem to think that the pulley bearings on this machine are difficult to replace. It has been my experience that they are not.

First some words: ensure the replacement bearings you buy are sealed. This is what the replacement part number specifies. However, at least one newer blue motor cimex (mine) came from the factory with unsealed bearings resulting in early failure.

You will need 6 new bearings from Rick, a Philips screw driver, 7/8, 15/16 and one inch deep sockets, a hammer, snap ring pliers, shop rags and grease and a grease brush. When your new bearings arrive place them in your freezer for at least an hour before starting the repair.

Remove the pad drivers, white belt cover and belt. Remove pulley lock nuts with 15/16 socket. Remove pulleys. Remove bearing retaining snap rings. Using a 7/8 deep socket and hammer, bang out the bearings from the back of the pulley. Be careful to retain the spacer that is between the bearings!

Clean up the pulley bores and spindles.

Move your work to your kitchen and bake your pulleys at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes. Carefully remove from oven and remove one bearing at a time from your freezer. Immediately and carefully bang in new bearings with a 1" deep socket. Be careful to only apply force to the outer ring and don't forget your spacer! Reinstall the snap ring. Once all three are complete lay your cimex on its back and invert the motor assembly. Lightly grease spindles and carefully guide pulleys on using a screwdriver to center the spacer. Replace locknut but do not over tighten. Stop once resistance is felt. Reinstall belt cover and you are golden.
  Reply   Purge Spammer

Messages In This Thread
Cimex pulley bearing replacement tutorial - by Mercrewser - 07-26-2016, 08:22 PM