• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demo ?'s
Ive searched the archives about demos and understand how to get the decision maker to agree to one but still have a few ?'s.

What size area do you demo?
Who decides what area to demo? You or them
Do you use the same machine, chemicals, and pads for the demo that you plan to use for the job?
For example: if I'm going to do the cleaning with cimex, fibermax pads and DS do I use these for the demo?

Thanks,
Neil
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Hi Neil,

Yes, I would use the same products for the demo that you plan to use for the actual cleaning.

I usually look to clean a very soiled section of the carpet. Try to do it so there's a pronounced transition line where you leave off. You want them to see a stark A/B comparison between the area that you cleaned and the area that you didn't clean.

Here's a technique that has landed accounts for me. Go in and ask them if there are any problem areas. Regardless of what their answer is, follow up with a second question - Do you have any recurring spill stains?

If they don't have any recurring spill stains - then proceed to clean a small piece of their worst section. The demo is not a free lunch, it's a great way for them to see how good your service is. The idea is to give them a taste. Let them see your stuff.

Now if they do have a recurring spill stain problem - it's show time! I will ask them if the spot has come back after previous cleanings. Normally their answer is - Yes. Now I drop the bomb. This little trick WILL land you accounts! Tell them - "I'd like to clean half of the spill stain - leaving one side untouched as a point of reference." "Your staff can then walk on it for a few days and if the side I cleaned doesn't come back - can we talk seriously about your carpet cleaning?" It's a challenge that they can't resist. If they've been struggling with recurring spill stains and you can get rid of it - you're their hero! And it becomes very easy to land the account.

Here's How To Perform My Super Duper Never Fail Spill Treatment:

How To Eliminate a Recurring Spill Stain: [EASY AS ABC]

A. First. Scrub the spot for at least 60 seconds (scrub for 2-3 minutes if the spot is a tough one). Scrub it with next to no moisture in the pad (practically zero moisture). So you're scrubbing the daylights out of that spot with MINIMAL moisture. I will normally scrub a circle around the spot with the Cimex first, leaving the spot bone dry. Then I'll run the machine over a section of dry carpet for a few seconds to dry out the pads. Then without squeezing the solution valve, I'll criss-cross over the spot for a minute or more as outlined above.

B. Next. Spray a few good mists of concentrated any Releasit shampoo onto the area using a trigger sprayer at a rate of 50/50 with water.

C. Final step. Work the concentrated Releasit down into the fiber by running the machine across the spot one last time.

This process works perfectly just about 100% of the time, if it is performed to the letter. You must scrub intensely with minimal moisture first. Then apply the concentrated Releasit. Then work the concentrated Releasit down into the fiber. The fluoro-chemical retards the wicking process during drying, and the concentrated polymer crystallizes any spill residue remaining at the base of the carpet. BaddaBing-BaddaBoom the recurring spot is gone for good. Even if the carpet is cleaned later with HWE, the spot won't reappear.
Great Question and a great answer Rick.

Quick question, are there any potential issues on an Olefin carpet causing friction burns by running over the one spot for the period of time you mention with little to no moisture.

This may sound like a silly question but why does this technique work? Is it just a matter of the amount of agitation?

I have a demo next week for a commercial account and it is direct stuck Olefin with really short pile height, I'd like to make sure I don't cause any damage, if I get to use this technique.

Cheers

Jamie
The pad should be damp. And you keep moving back and forth in a cris-cross pattern. I've never experienced it building up enough heat to distort olefin.

Now do you want to ask me about the time I wasn't paying attention and stood in one place for a few seconds while bonnet cleaning a cheap olefin CGD with a bonnet that was too dry? Left behind a nice melt ring tattoo. - Well that was a long time ago and a learning experience. Wink
Thanks Rick,

What pad are you using in this scenario? Or doesn't it matter too much. I use Fibre Plus pads.

Cheers

Jamie
For the spill stain treatment - we're using FiberPlus pads.
We should all learn from our experiences.

Ahhh, & TRY not to make those "MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES" twice. Big Grin

Can't say I've ever done that with Big Yella. TongueWink

Cairnswun out.
rick's post is the key to new accounts . However, my problem lately has been getting the opportunity to do demo. I follow the CMS but nothing yet. Persistance I must make applicable to get results.
Cleaner Carpet. Cleaner Planet.

If you value life
Do not squander time.
Time is the stuff life is made of.