• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving diluted cleaner?
Star 
Just curious if it's recommended to use diluted Releasit that 2-3 days old? Example I mix 5 gallons only needed 1 do how kind do I have to use it. I realize not to leave in a sprayer due to plugging up.. Thanks for feedback!
All chemicals biodegrade, breaking down as they're exposed to air and light. And in a diluted form this occurs even faster. That's a desirable quality. Therefore, mixed detergent sitting in a Cimex tank will start to lose its punch after a couple of days. So it's a good idea to try to run your tank as low as possible at the end of each job. Then if you're doing another job in the next couple of days, just add more fresh mixed solution to the tank. It'll blend with what's still in the tank and will work just fine. If you're not going to be doing any jobs in the next couple of days, it's a good idea to drain the machine, and if it's going to be stored you may also want to run some fresh water through the system to keep it clean. You could store your mixed detergent in a sealed container and that would buy you some additional shelf life. But as a rule, I find it works best to just try to gauge how much you'll need to finish the job and try to run as low as possible as you approach the end of each job.
I generally do what Rick suggested and add it to fresh solution, maybe 1 gallon old to 2 gallons fresh, max. If its about a week old, I throw it in the washing machine and clean my bonnets with it. Works brilliantly! My wife has been known to clean clothes with Punch, which, while effective, is expensive. I have to keep my chems under lock and key! But any old solution I've got is fair game.
Blush

My poor Mex; never sits around long enough for the solution to go off.

It usually works 6 days a week, & sometimes 7. Undecided

As above, I also just add fresh mix to the "old"? Cool

Shy