• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Encap:the next day
What instructions are given to the janitorial crew following encap?

For example:
1. Must they use an upright vac with beater bar?
2. How soon is too soon and how long is too long for post vac?
3. Is post vacuuming something you should do yourself?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Say nothing, besides in our part of the world they would not understand a word you would have to say. Vacuum!!!! what is it. Oh it is that broom and dustpan that you go around with and pickup surface soil
Most of the time, cleaners will leave it to the building staff's normal routine of post-vacuuming, and that's generally adequate. Look at it this way, if they vacuumed really really really well with a good commercial vacuum, they'd be able to recover a good percentage of the encapsulated soil in a single vacuuming. On the other hand, if they did just an average or even a marginal job of vacuuming it may take quite a number of vacuumings to recover the majority of encapsulated soil. Either way, it makes little difference in the overall scheme of things. Here are a few reasons why I say that...

(1) The soil that's suspended in the Releasit encap polymer is inert, it will not redeposit onto the fiber or attract other soil. (2) The soil will eventually be recovered during the normal routine vacuuming. (3) The carpet is going to look great the entire time, from the first day after the cleaning, right through till it gets resoiled and needs to be cleaned again - regardless of the ongoing soil extraction through post-vacuuming. (4) Since Releasit's polymer and built-in protector are highly soil resistant, any remaining residue in the carpet will resist soil rather than attracting it like a traditional detergent would. (5) Releasit's encap polymer "Crystalon3" will also re-solublize the next time the carpet is cleaned, turning back into a liquid, and then crystalizing all over again as the carpet dries; so there's no chance of getting a polymer build-up in the carpet.

Hope this covers the bases for you Smile
It does. Thank you.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
That's a good explanation Rick, I've often wondered about any potential build up and that answers my questions too.
Rick

Informative post. Thanks!