• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berber Carpet
Ok I did the job yesterday. At first I sprayed with Hydrox and then went over it with a Fiber plus pad, then a cotten pad. I did not get the results that I was looking for and did not have any Olefin pre spray with me so I mixed one gallon of water, 6 ounces of Grand Slam, and 2 ounces of Citrus Force, pre sprayed, agitated again with fiber pad, sprayed Hydorx, and then hit it again with a cotton pad. It came out great except for the stairs. I am going to redo the stairs again with HWE first then encap. This time I'll have the correct pre spray.
Mike, 2 questions for you:

how long did you let the Hydrox dwell before running over it with both FP pad and then cotton pad?

what machine did you use to clean with?
I let it dwell for 10 minutes. I used both a 300 rpm buffer and a Oreck Orbitor.
Hi all my name is Simon and I own Major Carpet & Tile in Adelaide Australia, I have struggled to get results comparable with HWE on berber carpet. Im not sure whats popular on your side of the globe but down here wool berber was very popular 15 ish years ago so I seem to come across quite a few wool berbers that have seen better days.
I understand hydrox has peroxide in it? Would the peroxide potentially break down natural fibres like wool?
I use a rotary scrubber 400 rpm, microfibre pads with a blue scrubbing strip(The same as Rick posted today).
Great forum you have going here!