• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fiber plus pad when to replace
I see some of our pads from our cimex's in trashcan and wonder if our techs our discarding them too early. It does seem the center of the pad gets thinner before the outer portion does. Do any of you have a rule of thumb as to when to replace these pads?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Wear 'em down till they're about 1/4" thick. It's true that the center will normal wear down a little quicker than the edges, that's the nature of the beast. But if you'll keep running them till they're roughly 1/4" you'll achieve good life from the pads.

Generally speaking you should average about 7,000 - 10,000 sq ft per installation of pads. Your actual mileage may vary due to carpet construction and speed of running the Cimex.

No. Wait a minute! What am I saying?
You need to replace your pads every 100 sq ft. Wink
Rick,
Would you measure the outer portion of the pad for this 1/4''. Just trying to make a easy protocol for techs. Thanks!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Here we go again..................

Now Rick, I don't want to hear a word about upside down stuff here ;-)

But my pads ALWAYS seem to wear down evenly, EXCEPT for the inner circle, ( which is also a very good Aussie rum, but I digress), which is still nearly as thick, and looks as good as when it was first put on.

I've had the pads wear down EXTREMELY thin at times, shocked my FRUGAL little brain when I see how thin they are.

On large commercial, I wouldn't have a clue as to how many F2 they can clean, but I usually make about a grand ($$$) per set, ON LARGE COMMERCIAL.

On average though, about AU$800.00 per set.

Mine are mostly polyprops;.

Whatever, still B.G. value for money.

Shorty.
(03-07-2013, 11:23 AM)beckel Wrote: Rick,
Would you measure the outer portion of the pad for this 1/4''. Just trying to make a easy protocol for techs. Thanks!

Yes, run the pads down till they're roughly 1/4" on the outer edge. It's not an exact measurement - you won't need to pull out a micrometer or anything. Wink

In fact all you really want to do is to run the pads till they're nearly gone - being careful to avoid hitting the velcro. Try to get the highest level of wear possible before replacing them.

By the way, we sell enough pads at Excellent Supply that we were able to negotiate a proprietary formulation for our pads from the manufacturer. Idea Our FiberPlus brand pads are produced with a special binder material added to them that helps them hold up to carpet scrubbing. This additional binder material is exclusively our formulation. That's why other pads don't hold up as well as FiberPlus pads.

P.S. FiberPlus is our trademark. It's kinda funny how many of our competitors now refer to the floor pads they sell for carpet cleaning as "Fiber" pads, or use the term "FP" in their product description. Copycats. Undecided

These are the genuine ones...
[Image: FiberPlus_Logo2.png] Smile
I am fairly inexperienced with encp. I'm using a Scub3 and notice the pads are tending to develop little balls of pad material on the surface of the pad. Is this caused by inadequate amount of juice?
The FiberPlus pads will develop little balls as they wear. And yes, it can be even more pronounced if you're not getting good even flow to the pads.
HINT :::

In offices that have a lot of women with long hair, the amount of hair picked up can be incredible.

I carry a small pair of duckbill scissors with me, and, rather than pull these balls out, I snip them off.

Until I wizened up to this phenomenon, I would start and see concentric circles on the carpet.

Tilting the head up revealed the clumps of matted hair.

Now, on these larger jobs, usually each time I re-fill the tank, I check for this problem.

Otherwise, prior to starting, and/or when finishing a job, the head is tilted to transport back to the van and this is when I check the condition.

It's a habit I've gotten into.

Hope it may help some newbies.