• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You comb someone's hair that has lice and then comb your hair with that comb?
Just wondering if you clean and sanitize your crb brushes after each job so you don't contaminate other rugs with things such as fleas, urine , grease, feces you get the point! This was why I always pre vacuumed with the customers vacuum. Currently I use my own vacuum better than most household vacs. I do clean and sanitize after each job. I also remove and clean brushes on crb.(sometimes a real drag carrying water in trailer as I would not clean at customer house. It would be bad to drag fleas into someone else's home. Do you feel it's needed?
it's a great idea in theory.

so i just spray my Dyson's brush roll with Lysol after leaving each client's home?

i reckon i should technically remove the brush roll and put a new one on. place the removed brush roll in a pail of Barbicide.

better yet, place the Dyson in a large sealed bin and fog it.

but then where do you draw the line?
Thanks for your input. Not looking to dispute with anyone just was curious how far people go with this. I tend to sometimes be a little overboard with things at times. I have 2 kids with anaphylactic allergies to dairy egg and peanut. Have sat in er before waiting to see how reaction was going to play out just from skin contact. My point is I have cleaned for people in the past that we're less than honest why I was there to clean.. Such as ring worm, blood and so on. At that time I used a wand less chance of spreading from solid metal vs. the brushes I use now. I guess that's why the bonnet idea is good.
i didn't mean to dispute your thinking Rob, you make a great point. i've been likened to Monk in RL so yea i sometimes am overboard OCD i guess lol. but it can get carried away. somehow disinfecting our vac's is an interesting topic. i guess it comes down to what's more important: vacuuming and having some dirt under our vac's or skipping the prevac OR using the homeowner's vac. the last option might be the best. but a large amount of the ones i see in homes are almost overflowing with filth.

side note: i bet more ppl would reply but you made a very long topic Title and when i goto reply i have to shorten it for my post to go through.

(03-08-2013, 08:18 PM)Rob D Wrote: Thanks for your input. Not looking to dispute with anyone just was curious how far people go with this. I tend to sometimes be a little overboard with things at times. I have 2 kids with anaphylactic allergies to dairy egg and peanut. Have sat in er before waiting to see how reaction was going to play out just from skin contact. My point is I have cleaned for people in the past that we're less than honest why I was there to clean.. Such as ring worm, blood and so on. At that time I used a wand less chance of spreading from solid metal vs. the brushes I use now. I guess that's why the bonnet idea is good.
Thanks Derek ! I figured the subject line was to long later... I did shorten it I'll see if that works now
Thanks Rob! Now my head itches Smile
I did a large home last week and experienced what felt like flea bites on my legs , I did not see any animals at the residence, I totally hosed out rig, cleaned and detailed equipment after the job, just in case.