• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning CRB Brushes
Any tips?

I usually run it out in the driveway with a stream of water. Gets the brushes clean, but I doubt it's good for them.

What's the best and quickest way to clean the brushes without losing longevity?
(08-29-2013, 03:29 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Any tips?

I usually run it out in the driveway with a stream of water. Gets the brushes clean, but I doubt it's good for them.

What's the best and quickest way to clean the brushes without losing longevity?

for a quick clean I run my crb on a small piece of caret remnant that is water saturated..for a thorough cleaning I do the same and then remove brushes and let them soak 1 hour in a five gallon bucket with tea tree or odorcide to help with odor.
I use compressed air to blow off the brushes and the bottom of the machine. I know that's not an option unless you have an air compressor and an open space for fuzz and junk to fly, but it works really well. I spray them with odorcide afterward.
I do the same with my vacuum.
I have a shop on the edge of town with 100 psi shop air but a small homeowner compressor would work just fine too.
For those who have neighbors close by, you might want to do it at night so they can't see the fuzz bombs flying through their yard Smile
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
lol Mike. i have been doing what Rob does once a month or so, but i havent soaked them. i like the air idea!
I put about 3" of clean water in a Sterilite bucket, run the CRB about 5 seconds, dump it, refill, add some peroxide, run it again. Takes less than 3 minutes, works fantastic!
good idea Judd!

depending on the CRB, i THINK some need to be careful about running it in standing water (electrocution.)
(08-30-2013, 02:59 PM)Derek Wrote: good idea Judd!

depending on the CRB, i THINK some need to be careful about running it in standing water (electrocution.)

Good point! I've got the sealed unit. I forget that they are not all like that.