• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best way to fix this? ( cimex driver )

of course came apart in the worse case scenario. Tight spot so I was off to one side and turning the machine around when it came apart Dodgy Could have been so bad lol

What have you guys used in the past to fix it? Gorilla glue of some sort?

thanks Smile
3M Super Weather Strip Adhesive...
http://www.amazon.com/3M-08008-Black-Wea...B00063X38M
I learned my lesson a long time ago.

I glued mine back together again.

THEN BOUGHT A SPARE SET which I carry in the van at all times.

Had one come apart just last week, so instead of stressing out and leaving the job, it was a simple matter of go to the van and get a spare.

Only five minutes from finishing also. Big Grin

I live by Lord Baden Powell's motto --- "Be Prepared".

Short 1

PS::: Gotta go to the hardware shop today, so I'll check up on that 3M Super Weather Strip Adhesive..... Thanks Rick.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Yeah I had this happen to me when I borrowed my mates Cimex and it's a royal PIA. Because I hadn't had much experience with a Cimex at that point I didn't have tape to stick it back on because I didnt know it was an issue and couldn't leave the site. The Cimex is near bullet proof but this is the one weak spot IMO.

Cheers

Jamie
oh im over prepared Tongue
I had a orbot in the back and ( believe it or not ) a corded autoscrubber that turns microfiber bonnets almost better then a rotary LOL Tongue

I ended up finishing that one with the cimex brushes.
Automotive 3m trim tape and duct tape are always in my truck along with a few other McIver type stuff
I have had good success with those pad driver repairs using weatherstrip adhesive (some mechanics call it "Gorilla snot" LOL). They best way to apply it for permanent adhesion is to to brush a coating of it on both surfaces (make sure it is clean and wiped down with something like acetone), than allow it to set for about 5 -10 minutes, then press and hold together for an hour or 2 and your done.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020