• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lines in carpet from Cimex and bogging issues?
To avoid bogging the motor - lift the head of the Cimex slightly when you start off. Squeeze the solution trigger to release a little juice before you begin walking. Then as you step forward - gently ease the head of the machine down onto the carpet as you take your first steps forward. This takes the strain off the motor and the belt. This is a wise course for all Cimex machines, and especially for the 15" machine with its smaller motor.

You may see lines in the carpet from swirl patterns. Swirl patterns are common with some carpets. Not a big deal. These will walk out and vacuum out after a couple days of normal activity on the carpet.

As far as cleaning with a Cimex goes, make a moderately fast wet pass holding the valve open on the whole pass. Then double back and make a dry-ish pass over that same pass. On the dry pass you can feather the trigger a little every couple of steps to keep the pads damp. On the return dry pass you will walk much slower than the initial wet pass. And on the dry pass you should be able to observe a light even whitening on the surface of the carpet. This light foam indicates that you're applying the correct amount of solution. If you see heavier foam occurring - you're using too much juice!

Overlap your passes. If you overlap your passes, as I believe you did from your description, there's no way you can achieve uneven cleaning. However you may see swirl marks, that's fairly common. Swirl marks are nothing more than movement of the pile - just like how a strong commercial vacuum cleaner will leave marks in the carpet after the carpet's been vacuumed. From what I can see your results look OK. My guess is that the lines you're seeing are simply movement of the pile and the lines will disappear in a couple of days.

As you gain experience with your new Cimex all of this will become very second nature to you and things will fall into place as you fall in with your Cimex dance moves. In fact, I think you'll find she's a lovely dance partner! Enjoy your new machine and keep us posted about your progress. All the guys here are ready to help. And my staff and I at Excellent Supply are certainly eager to assist you any way we can. Wishing you success.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lines in carpet from Cimex and bogging issues? - by encapman - 12-02-2013, 11:36 PM