• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New challenge: oily dogs
Lately I have run into a couple of customers whose dogs were very oily. in the most recent case they had light colored frieze carpet and across the middle of the living room and in the bedroom, where the dogs like to lay, the carpet was discolored. encapped with hydrox to no avail. even did a bit of extraction as a test to see if that would work. nada. question: what are you guys using to get at this stuff or is it permanent?

i'll save the fact that they were unhappy that i don't do full HWE and actually went out after i left and rented a rug doctor for another day. ugh.
Oils normally respond well to Encap-Punch.
Encap-Clean DS2 works very well on oil too.

Allow some dwell time with Encap-Punch, agitate, and HOT water extraction would be a good option. Or doing a very thorough job with an orbital machine using a strong mix of Encap-Punch could put a dent into it too (however with frieze there's a significant risk that you could damage a heavily soiled carpet, cleaning with an orbital or rotary machine).

But some situations can also be un-winnable. Not saying that is the case here, Im just saying it's a possibility. Take a nice dress shirt, wipe down your truck with it, and then send the shirt off to the best dry cleaner in town. There's no way they'll get it perfectly clean - it's been ruined. That may be the case here. Sometimes even our best efforts are met with defeat simply because the textile is damaged or even ruined.

But in the interest of hitting it with your best shot - the info above in bold is what I'd recommend.
I have run into that a couple times. They can be pretty challenging but I have always had good luck using a traffic lane encap ( was fairly recently turned onto Releasit) or other NON-residual traffic prespray. I usually pre-scrub with a cotton blend bonnet then HOT water extract. The extraction is very important. That dog smell can be pretty stubborn though. I still haven't found nirvana for that issue.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
For the dog oil smell I would suggest Odorcide Fresh Scent.
I agree with Rick on the use of Odorcide FRESH SCENT.

Much better than the regular Odorcide and you need very little in the tank.

Regarding the earlier post, Encap Punch does wonders for oils.

I do a truck dealership, pre-spray with Punch, run the Cimex with the FiberPlus Max Pads & a mix of DS & Punch, then extract with my 360i, always comes up a treat.
How is the dllution of Odorcide Fresh Scent? I have read you can mix it directly to the cleaning solution and it works with the Releasit products. I can not get it here in Germany and have to order it in the US, so i have to know how to dilute it so that i can see how the costs would be of a mixed gallone...
I use Odorcide. It makes for a great upsell. It can be mixed from half an oz per gallon to 8 oz per gallon from what the label says. For real nasty odors I mix it at 16oz but that's just me. When I go to that strength I use a spray bottle and saturate that small area. As general deodorizer I mix at 2oz per gallon. Hope that gives you some ideas.
(06-25-2015, 10:28 AM)Jarrod Wrote: I use Odorcide. It makes for a great upsell. It can be mixed from half an oz per gallon to 8 oz per gallon from what the label says. For real nasty odors I mix it at 16oz but that's just me. When I go to that strength I use a spray bottle and saturate that small area. As general deodorizer I mix at 2oz per gallon. Hope that gives you some ideas.

Thanks for your reply! Now i get some ideas. I do not want to mix other chemistry with the Releasit products. So odorcide would be a good choice. But...if i order it in the US only 16 oz will cost more than 80 $!!! Cause of delivery and taxes. So i have to calculate very well...