• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help on pricing
Going to give a bid on a very heavily soiled carpet at a video store. It's 6,500 sq.ft. What's the highest I could go to get it back in shape,& the lowest I should go for maintaining it once a month? I was thinking .25 a sq.ft. For the first time & .15 - .18 a sq.ft. For maintaining. They're talking about getting new carpet so I don't want to loose the job,& of course they are use to steam cleaners that don't charge much & do a half...s
job!
Your numbers sound fair. But keep in mind that video stores are normally accustomed to low balling the price. They're also normally neglected, as you're seeing here. It's a tough climate to do business in. And you also need to cover who is going to own the chewing gum. Video stores often have a lot of gum in the carpet. Are you going to remove it, will they remove it, or are the willing to leave it in? Are they willing to add some money to the price if you're going to be responsible for the gum?

OK I've said enough negative. Just want you to look at this squarely. Put your cards on the table, give them a price that will make you an honest profit. And then stick to your guns. Help them see the value of having the carpet professionally cleaned. In other words help them see that you can solve their problem for them - but it comes with a price tag. And be prepared to walk if they want to push you around.

To quote an old Steely Dan song...
"Throw back the little ones
And pan fry the big ones
Use tact, poise and reason
And gently squeeze them"
Wink
Thanks Rick! We'll see how it goes.