• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
encap antique silk rug???
Customer called me for a job this Friday which includes a antique silk rug. I am going to use a CRB machine with the soft brushes and the natradri compound from releasit. I would like to know If this should keep me out of trouble, any tips for silk rugs and what I should charge?
IMO, unless you have a lot of experience dealing with delicate ( and expensive) rugs, take it to someone who knows what they're doing.
The Natradri compound is pretty safe on silk. With Natradri there's very little chance you can mess anything up. That product would be my choice for silk too. But scrub GENTLY - VERY GENTLY! Be ever so careful that you don't frizz/fray the silk fiber. Take your time and BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL AND GENTLE - and you should be OK. If you decide to use a CRB - use the absolute softest brush, - and keep the machine moving. Keep a close eye on the rug to be sure there's no damage. If you are concerned that the CRB may be too aggressive for this rug, then you could resort to gentle brushing by hand. Gentle is the ticket here. And the Natradri product is a great option to round it all out.