• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRB Deal or no deal
Somebody is offering to sell me a used Whitaker 20 inch CRB machine for $450. However, it's missing one brush and the metal piece to hold on the brush.

Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal?
Depends on which unit it is ,you have to buy brushes in pairs. Most older Whitakers

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Most of these units don't have renovators , this makes straight encapsulation cleaning more difficult. If you are only using for agitation Hwe that's a good deal

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Seems like a very good deal - providing that the machine's in decent condition. If you need brushes, the ones we have for the BrushEncap will fit.
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I decided not to buy it for a couple reasons.

I was looking to use it especially for pile lifting and hair removal on residential jobs. Not having renovators would not be good.
In addition, having to pay for shipping, having to buy parts, not really knowing what else it might need AND, un-securely giving my credit card to someone I don't know... I just decided to wait for a more safer deal.
No deal is better than a bad deal.
Makes sense.

If you want a good deal on a quality CRB, the BrushEncap is one you might want to consider. It's a genuine Austrian built machine. But we have it priced similar to the Chinese copy of a CRB machine. The BrushEncap, like the old Whittaker GLS comes from Rotowash in Austria. They're quality machines. Let us know if you're interested. We have a nice super going on them right now.