• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird question to start the year
Some time ago I bought a used Self contained floor machine. It runs hot. Now I either spring for a new vac motor assembly and hose ($300-ish) or I could just take off the vacuum nozzle and use it as a jackleg brush encapper.
Without the nozzle it could be pushed forward and backwards easily.
Hmmmm. With a tee and sprayer hose to prespray or hit tight spots, it could work!
If you were short on funds but loved to tinker, would you do it?
With Respect,
Stephen
Honestly, junk it. You could buy other equipment pretty cheap now day that would work much better and look professional. JMO!
I don't think that machine would provide very much as a modified encap scrubber. My thought would be to go ahead and repair it; that way you'll have an additional extractor for whenever the time comes when you might have a call for it.
It is an older Advance Aquaclean with an 18" rotary brush at the front. Did a fair job on a couple of floors before rolling belly up. Then I stumbled over this forum, dadgummit. Encapping seems to promise great work on large areas, the reason I bought the Aquaclean. So I thought "why not prespray, use the 175 to massage it in, then do a quick brush-n-rinse with the Aquaclean?"

Then I thought "I'll just give it a good going over so the motor doesn't overheat." Cleaned out the old stuff, used a polishing stick on the commutators, realised the motor is a bit loose. That would account for the brush sparking, as they are slightly out os symmetry. Now, to tighten the motor mounting bolts I have to get inside the attached blower housing. It is pressed on, but I think I can make a cut around the circumference, clean and tighten, then cold weld it back together.

After all that fun, It will probably still be a twenty year old paperweight, hahaha!
With Respect,
Stephen
Hmm, I thought you were talking about a self contained extractor. If you're talking about an auto-scrubber - there's even less use for it in carpet care. Seriously, it won't cut the mustard. Sounds like something for Craigslist.   Undecided
It'll keep me off the sofa to fiddle with it, at least. Then the Chief of Finance & Budget may decide to loosen the purse strings (or not)... It looks like This:

http://www.floormachineparts.com/Nilfisk...e_0001.jpg
With Respect,
Stephen
Ahh, that's a walk behind self-contained extractor. I would suggest getting it back up and running again. It could prove to be useful for you at some point.
Thanks, Rick. Can I ask, do you see any value in running it as a post encap rinse? I guess I'm hoping a hybrid encap/HWE with a cleaner looking carpet at the end. My concern is the obvious one; would a top rinse so dilute the Releasit the it would not crystallize properly? Are there other considerations?
With Respect,
Stephen
If you wanted to do that, you could use Encap-Punch - it's an encapsulating rinse detergent. It's actually 3 products in 1...
Encap pre-spray. Encap rinse detergent. Encap bonnet/pad cleaner. Plus it's also CRI approved.

In most cases you wouldn't normally need to follow encapping with a rinse. However when there's a need for flushing the carpet with a periodic HWE, that extractor may come in handy. You could pre-scrub the carpet with Encap-Punch or Encap-Clean DS2, and then use the extractor to rinse the carpet. You may also need to use a little bit of defoamer. Our Foam-Guard works great in this kind of application.
Thanks, Rick. I just printed it out for reference so when I get it going I don't have to ask all over.

I wonder if Releasit would clear up Swiss Cheese Memory Syndrome.
With Respect,
Stephen
Sure enough. It'll encapsulate your thoughts.