• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was impressed
Did a whole-house cleaning yesterday and today.  Tried encapping the carpet (very dirty) with a competitors brand and it looked great.  On return this morning, several spots, a bad traffic area and edge filtration had come back.

Well, I dug in my box o samples and pulled the Encap-Hydrox.  Mixed as prescribed and sprayed lightly where needed.  Brushed in with a soft bristle brush.  Soil disappeared, edge filtration gone, bleedback gone, piss stain gone and even Alabama red clay, gone.

Mind you, the encap product made a great improvement, but those blemishes ticked me off.  The Encap-Hydrox saved me from just doing a HWE after all (just because I'm fussy).  The customer was emotional.  

Guess I'll have to get some more...

PS: Customer wants me back in six months.
With Respect,
Stephen
Stephen. A competitors product? 
Don't you know that will void the warranty of your machine? 
Repeat after me - I will only use Releasit from now on.   Cool
To be frank, I still have a hard time believing that encapping a residential carpet can really clean it.  You could say I'm feeling my way along because I've only used it a few times.  Since I knew I'd be returning the next day it seemed like a good opportunity to play around.  The carpet has not been cleaned in a very long time and was deeply soiled, spotted with pee here and there and even a couple of kid's magic marker rubbed deep and wide.  The edges had me most concerned; they looked like spray paint.  Had I just done the job and not come back, it would have been a callback for certain!
My elf vacuumed and then I treated the problem areas as described, lightly (so's not to encourage wicking).  

As for competitor's brands voiding the warranty, Oreck called and suggested I rob a liquor store, use the money to order a case of everything and quit screwing around.  I just laughed.  Everyone knows that grocery stores have more cash!
With Respect,
Stephen