• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch for str8 encap'ing?
i think this has been brought up before but i can find it with the Search feature:

can Punch be used as a straight encap solution in a Cimex or CRB?

or is it better off extracted via HWE / OP with wet pads??

thanks!
Yes punch is an encap chemical and works really well. However its mix ratio is 10 oz per gallon verses release ds which is 4 oz per gallon. So punch is more expensive to use. I like using punch as a presray in traffic lanes and other heavily soiled areas, then follow up with DS in the cimex for the entire floor.
i have lots of Punch on hand...no EncapClean on hand. greasy restaurant on Monday morning that i forgot about and not a lot of encap options. Punch is 1 of them tho Big Grin

tx EB!
I use punch for straight encap and it works great for me. Application is the tricky part do to the fact it doesn't foam. I use a 60 psi sprayer with number 2 tip and figured out how to apply even coats
good info, tx Rob!

non-foamers don't scare me Big Grin
Rob nailed it. It can be used. In fact it'll clean very well and it crystallizes great too. However it doesn't foam up very much, so you'll need to be careful not to over-apply it. Aside form the fact that it's a moderately low foamer, it will otherwise work very well as a straight encap detergent for a restaurant carpet. Give it a go, and let us know how it turns out.
glad your replied Rick, tx! i think i asked this a few years ago but i forgot...good reminder for everyone i reckon Big Grin tx again!
I used the Cimex and Punch on a large rental house today and it worked great. I did give the carpets a speedy hot water rinse afterward but they looked good before the rinse. I used the better part (80 oz.) of a gallon of Punch but it's a $470 job.