• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commercial advice needed
Guys, I need advice. I did a physical therapy place two months ago, cleaning about 2000 feet of CGD and a similar amount of VCT.

It was comprehensive, moving everything and going wall to wall. My charges were $442 for the carpet, $550 for the VCT. Here's my dilemma; what do I charge to go in monthly, or quarterly? Monthly, it is a zip through. Quarterly, I need to slow down and restore damage and traffic lanes. Original times, 2 1/2 hrs on the carpet (and it was filthy) 6 hrs on the VCT (but there were some trashed areas that took real effort to restore).

I figure with one Elf I could go through it all in three hours, plus 75 miles one way travel. I don't want to underprice a monthly, or overprice a quarterly. Nor do I want the customer to do the arithmetic and decide he can save a bunch to do it quarterly instead of three monthlies.

Please tell me how you work through this sort of decision, as I am a novice at commercial work.
With Respect,
Stephen
With 150 miles of round trip driving - your prices need to remain where they're at. You may even need to add a trip charge.

2,000 sq ft of carpet is not huge, and .20 per sq ft for a carpet that size is not unreasonable (regardless of the frequency) especially when you factor in the distance.