• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
175 machine questions
I,m doing VLM full time. I have a cimex for commercial and 17in CRB for residential. I hear so many VLM guys talk about there 175 machines and the different pads they use in different situations. I am really pretty clueless on this system, Many talk about encapping and then going over it with a 175 machine and a pad to absorb the soil. I never really have that problem and would not want to go over areas twice, But I do encap a "few" resturaunts and think even though they look good, going over with a absorbant pad would be a "very" good idea. If I do get a machine I was wondering in what other situations I could use it for and what type of pads/bonnets to use, also how to work with the pads and how to clean them. I see some cleaners have a bucket of water and clean them as they go and reuse them but if you are trying to absorb I think that would not work. Also what features should I look for in a 175 machine? Thanks.
"Post Bonneting" is a great way to pull some additional soil from heavily soiled sections of the carpet following encap cleaning. A 175 rpm machine can be used for post-bonneting. Or you could slap some 8" bonnets underneath your Cimex for this task. Directly following your encap cleaning you can quickly run back over the heavily soiled sections with the bonnets to finish off those sections and pop a great appearance from the carpet.
You could also look into the Vario machine we have. The Vario is a 19" Orbital machine with wheels on the ground design. Its easier to handle then a 175 rotary. Just a thought.
Brian's right... The VARIO rocks! Super smooth. And more efficient than a rotary.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/VARIO-Or...p_563.html
[Image: vario-package2.jpg]
It can be used as a spray / bonnet cleaning system. Or it can be used in shower-feed / encap mode...