• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet?
Bernd, what a difference you made!!!
My residential customers are really happy and yours are going to be too. Today I needed to zap some remaining spots, so I used a little Encap-Punch. Did it right in front of the customer and it was magic. After demonstrating how, I decanted the whole quart into her clean spray bottle as "spot remover."
She demanded a card so she could go tell the neighbors to call!

If you haven't added Punch to your repetoir, try it; the stuff is GREAT!
With Respect,
Stephen
(04-08-2015, 09:59 PM)Act One Cleaning Wrote: Bernd, what a difference you made!!!
My residential customers are really happy and yours are going to be too. Today I needed to zap some remaining spots, so I used a little Encap-Punch. Did it right in front of the customer and it was magic. After demonstrating how, I decanted the whole quart into her clean spray bottle as "spot remover."
She demanded a card so she could go tell the neighbors to call!

If you haven't added Punch to your repetoir, try it; the stuff is GREAT!

Thank you! I have a bottle of punch. I am going to try it! Which dilution do you use when working with punch?
(04-08-2015, 07:00 AM)encapman Wrote: Encap-HydrOx has a TON of polymer in it. And the polymer that we're using in Encap-HydrOx is a different variant than the polymer that we use in our other products (because it has to be stable in a hydrogen peroxide environment). Because of that it can be a little bit stiff at first, especially if you apply it in a heavy dilution. But no need to worry... After a few days of normal foot traffic, and after it's been vacuumed a couple of times the carpet will soften right back up again.

Is there anything i can do that the carpet would not be as stiff as it happened yesterday?

For example: using some dry compound to absorb the solution of the wet areas?!

Only for the residential customer i have to find a solution cause i don't want to go back the next day to vac.
If you could quickly run over the carpet with a microfiber bonnet, dampened with water, following the cleaning that should help to soften the carpet. Of course that would require using a rotary machine to do this. But it would add a nice finishing touch, and it would pull up some additional soil.
I did this morning my second Encap job. It was residential. Some food stains like pizza or tea and many cat vomit stains!

I used HydrOx and presprayed with the stronger dilution. The result was only ok the carpet "popped" up and looked brighter but the stains did not come out complete!

I used the Encap Spotter with a towel, stronger dilution HydrOx and some compound but the stains did not come out!

My question is when should i use the Encap Spotter. Before or after encapping? What did i wrong that the the food stains did not come out?

Or should i have used in this case Punch as a prespray and DS2?

I am not realy satisfied with the result and hope to get some advice.
A strong dilution of Encap-HydrOx normally works pretty well on most food stains. However, we have to keep in mind that there are a wide variety of different types of staining conditions. In fact the word "stain" itself indicates a state of permanency. Sometimes you may need to use "specialty spotting" products on specific problematic stains. Even then, some stains may still not come out at all. Encap-Spot is a broad range multi-purpose spotter that works well on a wide variety of spots and stains; and since it's an encap spotter it doesn't require rinsing. Encap-HydrOx works well across the board on organic based soil, as well as browning.

At times though you may need a "specialty spotter" for the more challenging stains. That's why we handle the CTI Pro's Choice line of spotting products (they're the best in the industry for handling very specific stains). CTI's Red Relief, Red 1, Stain Magic, Stain1, Rust Away, ProSolve Gel, Power Gel - all of these are top selling stain removal products, designed for very specific types of stains. While the Releasit encap products that you're working with can take care of the bulk of what you will encounter each day, there may be times that you will need something a little stronger. That's when it calls for a specialty spotter. Even then, there's still a chance the stain won't budge, so it's always a good practice to "under-promise" when it comes to stains.
Thank you for the detailed informations!
(04-13-2015, 09:23 AM)encapman Wrote: A strong dilution of Encap-HydrOx normally works pretty well on most food stains. However, we have to keep in mind that there are a wide variety of different types of staining conditions. In fact the word "stain" itself indicates a state of permanency. Sometimes you may need to use "specialty spotting" products on specific problematic stains. Even then, some stains may still not come out at all. Encap-Spot is a broad range multi-purpose spotter that works well on a wide variety of spots and stains; and since it's an encap spotter it doesn't require rinsing. Encap-HydrOx works well across the board on organic based soil, as well as browning.

At times though you may need a "specialty spotter" for the more challenging stains. That's why we handle the CTI Pro's Choice line of spotting products (they're the best in the industry for handling very specific stains). CTI's Red Relief, Red 1, Stain Magic, Stain1, Rust Away, ProSolve Gel, Power Gel - all of these are top selling stain removal products, designed for very specific types of stains. While the Releasit encap products that you're working with can take care of the bulk of what you will encounter each day, there may be times that you will need something a little stronger. That's when it calls for a specialty spotter. Even then, there's still a chance the stain won't budge, so it's always a good practice to "under-promise" when it comes to stains.
This morning i have had a free estimate with a residential costumer . Heavy traffic lanes on a light creme carpet.

Used punch as prespray and then DS2. I could not get them out with my crb. I have read from other threads that it works.

Maybe i have to use more solution or a stronger dilution? What is about dwelltime? How much solution should i use?

Sorry for all my questions and hope to get some new advice.
Or should i use hydrox in a strong dilution because it is a very light carpet. I got the job for tomorrow and have to find the best solution.
A CRB on heavily soiled residential carpet, as a stand alone method, is a lightweight approach. Hot water extraction is normally considered to be the most efficient way to clean residential carpet. I know that you're located in Germany, and I don't know what type of equipment you may have over there, but using a powerful truckmount hot water extraction system is the most common way to clean residential carpet in the USA. The encapsulation method is designed for maintaining commercial carpet. Periodic hot water extraction is also recommended on an interim basis to fully flush the carpet. In this manner a commercial carpet can be easily maintained using a good encap system.

That being said, I know that there are some successful residential cleaners using encapsulation for residential carpet. This approach presents more challenges, since there's no soil recovery at the time of cleaning (all of the soil extraction is dependent upon post-vacuuming). At the very least, I would suggest a post-bonnet cleaning of the carpet. That can pull some additional soil following the CRB scrubbing. If you haven't considered bonnet cleaning with a microfiber bonnet following your CRB scrubbing, you may want to consider adding that final step. It WILL help you to be more effective cleaning with a low moisture approach.

For a heavily soiled carpet: Chemicals to use... Encap-Punch mixed at the strongest dilution on the jug as a pre-spray. Allow a few minutes to dwell. Shampoo with Encap-Clean DS2 mixed at 4 oz per gallon. (Mix chemicals with HOT water) Scrub with the CRB in a north-south/east-west overlapping pattern. Then as a final step, while the carpet is still damp, run back over the carpet with a rotary or OP machine with a dampened microfiber bonnet.

Hope this gives you some food for thought.
Thanks Rick, I appreciate the information too.
With Respect,
Stephen
(04-14-2015, 09:48 AM)encapman Wrote: A CRB on heavily soiled residential carpet, as a stand alone method, is a lightweight approach. Hot water extraction is normally considered to be the most efficient way to clean residential carpet. I know that you're located in Germany, and I don't know what type of equipment you may have over there, but using a powerful truckmount hot water extraction system is the most common way to clean residential carpet in the USA. The encapsulation method is designed for maintaining commercial carpet. Periodic hot water extraction is also recommended on an interim basis to fully flush the carpet. In this manner a commercial carpet can be easily maintained using a good encap system.

That being said, I know that there are some successful residential cleaners using encapsulation for residential carpet. This approach presents more challenges, since there's no soil recovery at the time of cleaning (all of the soil extraction is dependent upon post-vacuuming). At the very least, I would suggest a post-bonnet cleaning of the carpet. That can pull some additional soil following the CRB scrubbing. If you haven't considered bonnet cleaning with a microfiber bonnet following your CRB scrubbing, you may want to consider adding that final step. It WILL help you to be more effective cleaning with a low moisture approach.

For a heavily soiled carpet: Chemicals to use... Encap-Punch mixed at the strongest dilution on the jug as a pre-spray. Allow a few minutes to dwell. Shampoo with Encap-Clean DS2 mixed at 4 oz per gallon. (Mix chemicals with HOT water) Scrub with the CRB in a north-south/east-west overlapping pattern. Then as a final step, while the carpet is still damp, run back over the carpet with a rotary or OP machine with a dampened microfiber bonnet.

Hope this gives you some food for thought.

Thanks Mr. Gelinas! Here in germany are no truckmounts! Many cleaners use smal portable machines to clean wet with longer drying times.

As you know i used untill now a prespray and compound with short drying times...but a lot to vac because the compound seems to "fly" everywhere...

The customer in germany, especially the residential, are loving the short drying time.

Now i have to find a way to work with short drying times, no post vac and great results.

What is about using a 175 for scrubbing and post bonnet as a final step in residential jobs?

Some other threads recommend these steps and because of the heavy weight it should although work on trashed carpets.

I will thank you and the other members for the great advices and feel sorry about my english.
I think a rotary could work for pre-scrubbing and post-bonneting. However you already own a good piece of equipment (your CRB). I learned from an instructor many years ago that the more motors that are running, the higher the perceived value you will have in the eye of the customer. In your case starting off with the CRB, and finishing with a bonnet machine adds a nice touch in the customer's mind. More than that though, it also provides an effective cleaning combination. Don't think of the performing a 2 step system as investing a lot of extra time. Each step becomes easier, faster, more efficient - as you use them together in tandem.

By the way, your English is EXCELLENT.
Hello Rick,

I do commercial carpet cleaning and use your products exclusivley, first I wanted to tell you that your products are the greatest on the market IMO. I come from the extraction days and was anti encap when it 1st came around. After time I took to it and to be honest have almost eliminated extraction from most my contracts. In other words it holds so well that I have it not seen a need for extraction. The greatest thing about your line is its enduring. I certainly have a use for extraction for example, I have taken over buildings where the previous cleaner extracted but put his cleaning solution in the rinse tank. In other words leaving the solution in the carpet . Before I use encap I will extract to flush out before begining low moisture maintenance. I have done my own test of extracting and encap side by side. Each looked as good, I bet you can guess which lasted longer.
(04-14-2015, 01:09 PM)encapman Wrote: I think a rotary could work for pre-scrubbing and post-bonneting. However you already own a good piece of equipment (your CRB). I learned from an instructor many years ago that the more motors that are running, the higher the perceived value you will have in the eye of the customer. In your case starting off with the CRB, and finishing with a bonnet machine adds a nice touch in the customer's mind. More than that though, it also provides an effective cleaning combination. Don't think of the performing a 2 step system as investing a lot of extra time. Each step becomes easier, faster, more efficient - as you use them together in tandem.

By the way, your English is EXCELLENT.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Which machine would you recommend? So i can compare these to the offers in germany.