• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UsIng HyDrox on light blue carpet?
I am Bernd from Germany and got from the UK my Releasit Starter package and doing my first job with it here in Germany. it is on tuesday.

it is a light blue carpet with dog urine stains. thought of using hydrox as a prespray or spotter on the stains and then encap with hydrox. i am using a crb as a stand alone.

Can i use Hydrox on light coloured carpets (blue)?  
Should i prespray the urine stains or spot them (dilution)?

Happy easter Smile !
Hello Bernd,
Welcome to the world of encap! This system can open many doors, especially in the commercial sector!

Yes, that's a good plan of action to use Encap-HydrOx. Test for color-fastness first. Pre-spot with Encap-HydrOx, using the "Protein Spot" dilution below. Then clean following the Shampoo/Encap directions below.  There are always variables, but that should work for you. Take pictures, and let us know how you make out.

Here's an excerpt from the Encap-HydrOx label...

SHAMPOO/ENCAP METHOD: Mix 8-10 oz of Encap-HydrOx per gallon of hot water. Scrub the carpet with an appropriate scrubber.

TRAFFIC LANE PRE-SPRAY: Mix Encap-HydrOx at 12 oz per gallon. Apply with a sprayer using a coarse spray tip. Allow 5-10 minutes of dwell time.

HOT WATER EXTRACTION: Mix Encap-HydrOx at 1-2 oz per gallon in portable extractors. For truck-mounts mix 1 quart per 5 gallons of stock solution.

PROTEIN SPOT REMOVAL: Mix 1-part Encap-HydrOx with 3-parts water. Apply a liberal amount of the spotting mixture to the spot. Allow 5-10 minutes of dwell time. Blot with a towel. Rinsing is not normally required.

BROWNING TREATMENT: Mix Encap-HydrOx at 20 oz per gallon. Spray the affected area thoroughly. Allow 10 minutes of dwell time. Clean using minimal moisture, and dry the area quickly!

UPHOLSTERY SHAMPOO: Mix Encap-HydrOx at 8-10oz. per gallon of warm or hot water. Apply evenly using a coarse tip sprayer. Brush the fabric gently with a horse hair brush or equivalent SOFT bristled brush. Gently towel off the upholstery.

IMPORTANT: Test for colorfastness in an inconspicuous area prior to cleaning.
Thank's a lot !

Should i mix the spot dilution or prespray dilution with hot water?

I will take pictures for the forum member!
Bernd, welcome! I LOVE THE Encap-Hydrox and I think you will too. One customer said "It doesn't smell in here anymore!"
I guess he was used to something else, hahaha!
With Respect,
Stephen
(04-05-2015, 03:57 PM)Act One Cleaning Wrote: Bernd, welcome! I LOVE THE Encap-Hydrox and I think you will too. One customer said "It doesn't smell in here anymore!"
I guess he was used to something else, hahaha!

Thank you! I am very excited how it works.
Yes. Mix with hot water.
Thank you for the fast reply.

Can i mix the chemistry at home and put them in the heater at the customers home?

Or... when i don't need the whole dilution on a job...Can i put the mix the other estimate into the heater and use it or am i getting problems?
(04-06-2015, 03:56 PM)Bernd Wrote: Thank you for the fast reply.

Can i mix the chemistry at home and put them in the heater at the customers home?

Or... when i don't need the whole dilution on a job...Can i put the mix the other estimate into the heater and use it or am i getting problems?

That would be fine.
Here are the results of my first encap job:

Before:

After:

The carpet was a little bit stiff this morning when i went back for vaccuming and the urine spots came back as a little shodow. Used again the protein spots dilution and after a few minutes dwell time i just some compound.

customer was happy.

Thank you for your help!
Good job!
Thank you! I think i used to much solution...that could be the reason why the carpet was a little bit stiff.
Encap-HydrOx has a TON of polymer in it. And the polymer that we're using in Encap-HydrOx is a different variant than the polymer that we use in our other products (because it has to be stable in a hydrogen peroxide environment). Because of that it can be a little bit stiff at first, especially if you apply it in a heavy dilution. But no need to worry... After a few days of normal foot traffic, and after it's been vacuumed a couple of times the carpet will soften right back up again.
(04-08-2015, 07:00 AM)encapman Wrote: Encap-HydrOx has a TON of polymer in it. And the polymer that we're using in Encap-HydrOx is a different variant than the polymer that we use in our other products (because it has to be stable in a hydrogen peroxide environment). Because of that it can be a little bit stiff at first, especially if you apply it in a heavy dilution. But no need to worry... After a few days of normal foot traffic, and after it's been vacuumed a couple of times the carpet will soften right back up again.

Ok. I understand. Think the result is ok. The carpet was 10 years old and have never been cleanend.
By the way, your photos look GREAT! Thanks for sharing that with us!
(04-08-2015, 07:48 AM)encapman Wrote: By the way, your photos look GREAT! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Thanks for sharing your experience!