• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title/Description of Service??
Hello all - I wanted to find out what others describe this service as e.g. carpet cleaning or carpet maintenance or ???

The reason I ask is, when we make the opportunity to get up and running with this service, I want to be sure that we name it appropriately and not confuse what it is with 'deep carpet cleaning', if you understand what I mean here.

I want to make sure my marketing plan is on target with the market I want to approach without mis-leading the potential clients and etc.

TIA - SS
  Reply   Purge Spammer
You should never mislead, so your question has real merit. Coming from the HWE side, I was also a bit cautious. What I am learning is that under many circumstances, encapsulation does deliver a very deep cleaning. Under others, a combination of encap and extraction is warranted and in some cases, extraction only. The type and amount of soil load is determinative.

Encap is not an "inferior" method, it is just different, offering advantages and disadvantages over extraction. Think of it as a tool. A very good tool!
With Respect,
Stephen
Stephen made an excellent reply to your question. I don't think I could say it any better than he did.
Thank you all for your input on this. I want to insure that I make a case to the potential new client which will adequately make them think and know that we can cut their carpet cleaning costs while still performing an excellent overall job.

By 'cutting their costs' I mean if they are having deep cleaning done 2x year, cut it to 1x year and quarterly go in to work on the high traffic areas through encapsulation.

I Am sure I can sell the time factor, but do not want them to ultimately believe or think this process can or will fully replace HWE method of carpet cleaning.

Maybe something along the lines of quick carpet cleaning (emphasizing dry time) vs. HWE cleaning which can be done over a long weekend.

Also, as in a previous post of mine, we have a client who has upwards of 2,000 people crossing the threshold daily and carpet cleaning is the biggest cost not only to us but to them. Were we able to come up with a strategy to cut our costs in this area and maintain the highest degree of appearance, then we would not need to raise pricing or even be put in a competitive bidding process for several years ahead.

I received our sample today and my floor man told me I needed one of the other products to try, but I will ring up and order it outright to test at this client. We will modify some of our equipment and see what happens for a few months before the real breakout.

I Am confident and thank you all for your most valuable input and support.

SS3PBM
  Reply   Purge Spammer
If I may make one more suggestion, make a customized case order. Get 1 gallon of Punch, 1 gallon of HydrOx, 2 gallons of DS2. Read this forum on the various uses for them, and tackle any job with full confidence.
With Respect,
Stephen