• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotel motel estimates
Any tips on hotel motel estimates? I am sure I can measure the common areas, I'm mainly interested in rooms, or if that's something some of you all spend time on, hotel/motel rooms that is, I was thinking of charging a certain price getting 5, 10, 20, done at a time etc., and maybe more if some have less than 5 that may need immediate attention???
Common areas in motels charge your normal price.
Depends where you are, cleaning room rates range from
$10 - $15 per room and no furniture moved. (TIP) If the
motel is owned or run by Indians (not American) please skip the place.
You can try to get 10 rooms at a time and the rooms must dry fast so they can reuse them quickly. I clean only one no name motel and I charge what I want and they
are happy with my service. I replaced a company that couldn't clean.
My place is on a lake and attracts tourists that pay good money for rooms.
Don't waste too much of your time with motels. Better money other places.
It's a hard row to hoe. Motels are a tough customer. Low pay. Ever-changing management, and changing ownership. Payments dragged out. Did I mention "low pay"?

One exception is larger common areas and banquet/meeting rooms in LARGE business hotels. That can be gravy!

That's been my experience. Going after motel rooms isn't worth it (IMHO). I've always avoided them.
we avoid them by pricing them @ what we need to make.

out of the 4 hotels we've cleaned for (1 currently for 5 years running, 3 others that went "in-house") we have never cleaned the rooms in any of them.

either they did it themselves or never cleaned them.

the 1 client we still have is in our top 10 money-makers. we service them every 7 weeks to Quarterly. great account. they're on their 2nd G.M. since we've been there, and this guy really cares about appearances...finally!
I have been cleaning a chain hotel since 2006...and as of the past two years we are officially the ONLY carpet cleaner. That being said, they are always looking for cheap cheap cleaning....
We have only done a handful of rooms, but we clean hallways, ballrooms & lobbys Monthly now...all with Cimex & DS!!
I am not racist, but I do agree with the post above about avoiding the "indian" (not american) hotels...I will NOT waste my time anymore with them.
I was once told by a gentleman from India that the majority of those that come to the states to work, or own business take "americanizing" classes. The one main thing they tell them is to NEVER pay what some one asks for somthing, NEVER.
The time that I finally decided to NOT deal with folks of this origin (residential or commercial) I was called by a motel owner to give an estimate on room cleanings. He asked if I could clean one for him to see how it looked & if satisfied he would book the whole floor the following week. I cleaned it, he liked it and said "book it with my secretary tomorrow".
I call tomorrow, and guess what? "He said you did a lousy job, and so did the five other guys he had clean rooms yesterday"....so who just got atleast 6 free rooms cleaned???
_done ranting_
  Reply   Purge Spammer
usually it is the lobbies that get cleaned. If they have more than 15 rooms they usually have in house cleaning.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Another easy clean are funeral homes. They always want a neat clean place. They want cheap prices also.
I have done many motels- the large ones were definitely profitable, but one by one I was always edged out by management change or cheapness. it has been over 20 years since I have worked for one-I have over 30 years as a business owner in carpet care. If you are a cleaner with excellence in his work, you will find your skills marginalized and irrelevant as cheap is all most are looking for.
WE took a different route with hotels. My other company teaches in house cleaning staffs how to clean carpets and floors. The great thing is if they do not want our program we more often then not will get the account. The reverse is also true If they state they use in house staff many time we can at the very least do a few training classes.
(03-12-2013, 06:46 AM)NJP Wrote: Another easy clean are funeral homes. They always want a neat clean place. They want cheap prices also.

Would you say they wanted "dead cheap prices"?

Sorry, Blush

I also avoid motels like the plague, although the last one I quoted on, (only because a friend works there), I had the last laugh.

I did a quote and never heard from the motel after that.

I phoned and they said they had someone cheaper.

SIX MONTHS LATER, my friend say's that the original cleaner never turned up & they got someone else to clean that ended up being dearer than my quote.

My friend was sick this particular day & one of the managers dropped in to see if she was okay.

She asked who cleaned her carpet, (I had done it several months ago), and it was still cleaner than the motels' a month after there's was cleaned.

The manager was not happy. Big Grin

Smile