• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vct pad cleaning tips
Just a quick post to see if anyone has any tips for cleaning a vct pad after use on a wool carpet? The pad is loaded with bits of lint and fluff that's knitted in almost. Tried with a hand brush etc but still weaved in there. Wondering if keeping the vct pads aside for synthetic carpets would be the best idea and using something like a microbeast for wool?
Ordering an orbot next week to use instead of rotary so losing on brush bristle options for wool.
If you are talking about the 17 inch white floor pads when they
get dirty just throw them out.  I get a couple of cleanings on both sides then to the trash. 

When it gets dirty like this they are done. Pad used only one time in Pizza Hut.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52744924@N...res/0Y98Rh
Charles is right!
Ah I get you. lol I'll build the cost into the jobs then. I'm a typical "Yorkshireman" (tight£)
Stupid question from a dumb, down under Aussie.

Why are you using a white pad on carpet?

I have always been uner the impression that a white pad was for polishing vinyl floors?

I generally use a beige pad on wool or a red on synthetics.

I do admit that I'm nowhere in the same league as you guys with pads on the OP machines, I'm much more comfortable using bonnets.

Hence my question, what different pads do you use & why, under what conditions?.

Thank you.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Shorty,,

I use white pads on commercial & residential with my 175. I scrub every carpet
no matter what. Not crazy about microfiber pads or any cloth pad. I have
a blue microfiber but very seldom use it. I need good agitation to make sure carpet is clean.
I make the carpet come out as perfect as possible. Our motto Clean It Right The First Time. 
I've only just started using white pads and the difference is incredible over other less aggressive pads. I've pulled more flush out with a shampoo brush in the past.
Using Fiberplus pads on a wool carpet will naturally pick up fiber, because the wool contains staple fiber. Wool fiber contains short pieces of the animal's hair twisted together into yarn. So naturally the hairs release. And those hairs will become imbedded into the pad. There's no way to remove the hairs from the pad. Pull off the surface hair/fuzz that you can and just keep on using the pad. But if the pads becomes overloaded with wool fuzz, it's time to throw the pad away and start with a fresh pad.