• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow up on CleanFax magazines article on Encapsuation
  Hi Everyone , 

I just received this months Cleanfax magazine and in this issue was the follow up to the first article that they printed on encapsuation and how various 
chemicals responded.

Several of them dried so hard that they will most likely never be removed from the carpet fibers however , several of them did dry to a crystal and 
shattered when they hit the tray against the table. 

In this test they used strands of carpet fibers and pretty much ran the same test. They banged the carpet fibers against a table and some broke off very easy while others 
 may never come off. They then took a air pressure hose at 120 psi and sprayed them on the dry carpet fibers. Pretty much the same results. Some blew all over the place
 that they said that they had to wear mask while others never broke off even with an air hose being used on them.

What sold me on DS2 was I normally clean out my measuring cup after each cleaning job however, the day that I mixed it with DS2 I did not.
The next day I looked into the cup and what was left over had crystallized and were in several pieces.

The only thing that Cleanfax had said about the ones that did dry and shatter was that they were very small and very sharp which I believe would have been the case.
They then went on to say was could the shattered pieces become airborne or could they be so deep into the carpet that a vacuum cleaners beater brush would not be able to 
get them out of the carpet.

I personally do not believe that would be the case and am still 100% sold on the Encapsulation cleaning method and the chemicals that Excellent Supply offers.
Mikehabib, I always recommend that my customers vacuum thoroughly the next day, so that the polymer doesn't get ground into the backing. I refer to it as " polishing the apple" to finish off the job, and even offer to return to do it (for a fee). Nobody has take me up on that, hahaha! But the benefit of Releasit helping protect their carpet more than outweighs a bit of work they would do anyhow. Straight truth sells. Best of luck!
With Respect,
Stephen
The article admittedly was not based on science. It was an interesting discussion. I agree with quite a bit of it. It also made some assumptions. Since it is not science, it's hard to consider it as the final word. But it was helpful to get some thoughts going on the subject. I agree that the issue of so called encap products that simply do not dry down brittle is a problem. That's why you'll also find this full page advertorial from me on page 43 of the same issue of Cleanfax. It explains our position on this topic.

[Image: releasit-polymer.jpg]
Rick that is the reason that Excellent Supply is now my go to company for Encap products. I want to deal with a company that is straight forward about there products and
one what you and your company does !
Act one , I do the same thing. I explain the process in great detail and tell them that they must do a through vacuum the next day.
What is interesting to me is how many people have started adding encapping into their carpet business. The hot water extraction mgf companys are going to start spending lots of money to get their market share back so watch for more info on evils of using encap anywhere.------------------ Dust from encap will kill everyone and you cant get it off carpet unless you use a $25,000 truckmount.

Just using gray micro fiber pads with water and a heavy op machine we can remove build up on carpet and left over polymer before we start cleaning carpet that has been encapped a few times over 2 years.

What will kill this encap industry is the mills continue to void warranties if we use ANY pad with ANY type machine. If the companies that sell machines and products for us do not spend the money and effort to change the carpet warranties through cri certification and then pushing mills to accept micro fiber pads which are safer for carpet -----no one can clean any new carpet without getting blamed for voiding warranties. And CRB with a portable on commercial carpet or residential carpet does not even come close to cleaning with gray micro fiber pads and then with 5-10 micro fiber cotton blend pads to remove soil .

The more people that have to deal with voiding warranties tell their stories about using pads on carpet the more the encap business will dry up with or without crystals
Seriously? Please tell me if any of you have ever ever ever voided a carpet warranty. Anyone? Ever?
A search of the subject a few days ago (in response to so ething said on MB) turned up a study of how HWE performs in comparison to encap. They washed the same samples over and over, 12 times each.
There were other conclusions, but one result surprised me: None of the encap methods caused any "tip bloom!" Not OP, not Cimex, not CRB. Pre-scrubbing with a rotary, using a CE, nothing.

I don't know what causes tip bloom, but it ain't us.
With Respect,
Stephen
Rick is right again.  When was the last time a warranty was actually voided by any cleaning process? Ever?
Most of my residential customers haven't cleaned their carpets in three to five years.
Their supposed warranty is long gone before I show up!
Carpet manufactures warranty isn't worth much at all in my opinion.  Far to many loopholes!
Guy's you are all right on the money on this one. It would not surprise me if the people in the HWE industry are trying to sabotage the Encapsulation industry.
And as far as carpet warranty's are concerned , you should see the places that I clean.
2 years ago I had a bldg of 40,000 of carpet squares and interface carpet mill voided warranty. The bldg owner complained about squares curling after 8 years of cleaning by several companies.
When researching about how squares curl I learned it is from the backing design of commercial carpet squares---20 years of problems.......carpet mill did not have to talk about what caused problem but just stated warranty was void because pads on machines that rotate void warranty. After talking to mill a few times even about recent cri certification of the orbot the mill rep said it would void warranty even if it was cri certified.

I re bid this job for higher price because I finally found a way to keep carpet looking good by switching from a hydramaster truckmount to micro fiber gray pads on a trinty machine.
Then another company was hired to replace me with a cimex to come in to maintain carpet. Shortly after I found out that mill voided warranty of the 8 year old carpet and would not replace carpet. Since then on a new job with squares from same company ---interface----I talked directly to mill on how to clean a bldg with 35,000 sq ft a brand new carpet that was less than a year old because the bldg owner was concerned with following warranty. I am having a hard time cleaning the carpet with mill standards near a kitchen and cafeteria that has 100% olefin carpet squares that are hard as rocks...no vaccuum can recover all water on these and the crb does not absorb any soil. Pads would solve the problem but will void warranty. Encap products are helping but pads would solve many issues.

I have a bldg with carpet squares i have been cleaning for 2 years and have no problem with curling and the carpet looks better than when I used my truckmount and rotary extractor. It needs to be cleaned every 2 months because of heavy traffic so it has been encapped many times with the best results I have ever seen for such a heavy use bldg. I use pads with straight water on some entrys to remove some possible encap build up before re applying more polymer. Other areas just get encap and pads afterwards to remove soil and stains. It looks much better after 8 weeks than the many hwe products and tools i have used on it.
I deal with many people that have problems with carpet looking bad in less than 5 years because of sandy soil. Many have had experience with stores and warranties and have learned if they clean carpet every year and then have a problem with carpet they have had their carpet replaced. I had a customer that was able to have some of the carpet in their home replaced with carpet because of warranty. That was when i used a truckmount---when they called back a year later I explained I can not clean their carpet anymore because I will no longer use a truckmount---I can make the gray wear patterns on carpet look much better with pads and encap then with a truck and rotary extractor. I have had 2 customers call me back because I fired them and after hwe cleanings in their home they said they prefered my cleaning method over hwe and were not going to try and get free carpet from warranty. Now that They have had me come back they said I can make carpet look better.

But warranties will be more of a problem as carpet gets replaced with new carpets that have life time warranties or 20 year warranties. Tell your customers up front about warranties or you will be sorry later. Cover your back side