• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex vs 175 Rotary Machine
[Image: rotovac%20speed%20controller_zps10nhsstz.jpg]
(03-29-2016, 12:29 PM)FloorCareMD Wrote: I use my Powerwand on residential carpets and really like it.  I once thought too that it is worthless on CGD carpets because it spins much too fast and bounces.
So, I installed a simple router speed control box to the Powerwand  up by the handle and can now slow the speed down and it works very well now CGD.  I like that it also has the on/off switch up at the handle now so I don't have to use the foot switch.
Rick is right.  Extraction first followed by encap/action works very well.
Just did our hall with it followed by  the Orbot with encap cleaner.  Looked like new carpet and it's 15 years old.  Color went from drab brownish green to a bright olive color.
[Image: hall%202016-1_zps8p9ohu8c.jpg]
[Image: hall-2016-2_zpsva50mmvb.jpg]

FloorCareMD how did you install that on your Powerwand. I have two powerwands and would love to be able to use it in CDG before or instead of Cimex when needed.

Rick, sorry I missed your calls and couldn't find you when I called you back. So far, I will keep testing before contacting you.
I haven't tried more CDGs but the machine paid by itself as one of my main clients changed managers and new manager had a janitorial company, asked me what machines I used....I said I have a ninja, a michaels, 2 rotovacs and a Cimex...his comments was "CIMEX... fantastic machine" and he got me to do all the hallways for next month.

Besides that..I did one residential that was extremely black trashed..did HWE with the rotovac (prespray before), and the results were amazing as usual for how it was...but still grey spots everywhere that people would not move in cuz of that....tried Cimex when dried and was mindblown...almost new, perhaps if I do it one more time it will look perfect but it was good enough that I would probably not complained if I were moving in there. The manager was just like "wow" and saved $2000 to tenant.

Question...I'm looking to buy more Releaseit 2 and I thought about what chemicals to get additional to that (I have to pay for shipping as they don't sell them locally so I want to do them all at once).

Since I do mostly residential units (when HWE doesn't work) and hallways...should I get Hydrox for either using with the cimex or prespray/spotter, encap spotter or encap punch? What are your thoughts on these 3? Also, I bought one aquagreen encap by mistake lol, I'm not sure if it is from Releaseit company or if it is any good, if anybody has tried let me know.

Thanks.
(04-10-2016, 06:56 PM)Gero43 Wrote: Question...I'm looking to buy more Releasit DS2 and I thought about what chemicals to get additional to that (I have to pay for shipping as they don't sell them locally so I want to do them all at once).

Since I do mostly residential units (when HWE doesn't work) and hallways...should I get Hydrox for either using with the cimex or prespray/spotter, encap spotter or encap punch? What are your thoughts on these 3? Also, I bought one aquagreen encap by mistake lol, I'm not sure if it is from Releaseit company or if it is any good, if anybody has tried let me know.

Thanks.

You can get FREE SHIPPING on orders over $350.

For HWE, Encap-Punch is excellent. It provides good cleaning, combined with the terrific encap properties. It can be used as a pre-spray, as well as a rinse detergent. And the polymeric property leaves behind an encap residue. Since it's a brittle polymer there's absolutely no soil attraction, and post vacuuming will continue to pull more from the carpet.

Encap-HydrOx is also excellent to use in the Cimex, and/or as a HWE pre-spray. It really packs a punch on lighter colored carpet. It brightens the carpet tremendously. (Of course NONE of our products contain any optical brighteners).

So you're looking at 3 very hot items with Encap-Clean DS2, Encap-Punch, and Encap-HydrOx. You really can't go wrong with all of them.
A few months later.. these are my thoughts..
Cimex is great at removing tough spots. However, I've tried everything on some awful spots with no luck but nothing is perfect. The only thing that worries me a lot, I'm trying to expand commercially but I can't feel good about the Cimex work.
I did the hallways of luxury condos and here are the pics in the link. While it removed the black stains (I would say all of it) and that was the reason for the cleanng, it left the carpet looking super weird and worse than before overall. What to do with this? I already sent the machine for inspection and it seems fine. I'm using new pads, ratio of chemicals as instructed, etc. Some look alright, some really bad.

Also, there is a video of one of my guys doing the job, so perhaps you can tell me what we are doing wrong.
Ah...I also noticed that when I move in one direction it leaves the carpet looking one way/colour, when I go back it looks another way...why is this?

Link here: https://www.dropshots.com/gero43
(03-17-2016, 05:13 PM)encapman Wrote: I tried calling you a couple of times today, but kept getting your voicemail. Here's a quick description that should help to get you rolling more smoothly...

Try not to overthink this process. It really is simple! You rarely need to pre-spray in front of the Cimex. And you even more rarely would ever need to resort to HWE. To get the best results it essentially comes down to smoothness of operation with your Cimex machine.

Make a moderate paced wet pass, Followed by a slower dry pass. If the area needs additional scrubbing make another dry pass or possibly two. You can feather the trigger slightly on your dry passes. Avoid over-wetting the carpet! Again, the focus is smoothness of operation. Blend the carpet together. Look for a nice even clean appearance.

Movement of pile will naturally occur, so there may be lines in the carpet. Those will walk out of the carpet with a couple of days of foot traffic vacuuming. Explain this to your customer. It's nothing to be alarmed about, anymore than the impressions left in the carpet from the vacuum cleaner.

Once you get the hang of it, you'll find the encap process with the Cimex machine is incredibly efficient! That's why it has become so popular for maintaining commercial carpet. Keep it simple. Run your machine with the thought of looking for a smooth and even appearance. And as you become more familiar with the process, you'll find that it's extremely easy and effective.

It's pretty much all been said already in this thread. Encap performed smoothly and evenly using the Cimex/RELEASIT system will normally provide you with consistently great results on CGD carpet. The emphasis is on smooth and consistent coverage! And avoid over wetting too! If you're still having trouble, something is being done wrong. Smooth and even coverage with the Cimex will work wonders 99% of the time. Since you keep running into trouble it would seem like you're having some trouble getting the system dialed in. Again; smooth and even is the key - and avoid over wetting the carpet. Once you've mastered that, you should see some really nice results. It really is a simple system.
Gero43

When you do your first pass laying down solution, do you then go back over that area in the opposite direction doing a dry run??

Those photos to me, indicate that you are simply doing a wet pass, turning around and coming back up next to the first pass, with no dry pass over the already first pass.

I lay down my solution, then come back over that pass doing a dry pass, then I go down next to it, again laying solution (wet pass) when I get to the end, I turn around and go back over that area again, doing a dry pass with no solution.

This way, all photos should indicate a uniform lay of the carpet pile.

Here's a job where I'm half way through at our local race course on Friday.

Notice all the light colored carpet lays the same way.

[Image: DSCN1186_zpsjp3qx8l9.jpg]
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
(10-01-2016, 11:53 PM)encapman Wrote: It's pretty much all been said already in this thread. Encap performed smoothly and evenly using the Cimex/RELEASIT system will normally provide you with consistently great results on CGD carpet. The emphasis is on smooth and consistent coverage! And avoid over wetting too! If you're still having trouble, something is being done wrong. Smooth and even coverage with the Cimex will work wonders 99% of the time. Since you keep running into trouble it would seem like you're having some trouble getting the system dialed in.  Again; smooth and even is the key - and avoid over wetting the carpet. Once you've mastered that, you should see some really nice results. It really is a simple system.

(10-02-2016, 12:34 AM)Lounge Lizards Wrote: Gero43

When you do your first pass laying down solution, do you then go back over that area in the opposite direction doing a dry run??

Those photos to me, indicate that you are simply doing a wet pass, turning around and coming back up next to the first pass, with no dry pass over the already first pass.

I lay down my solution, then come back over that pass doing a dry pass, then I go down next to it, again laying solution (wet pass) when I get to the end, I turn around and go back over that area again, doing a dry pass with no solution.

This way, all photos should indicate a uniform lay of the carpet pile.

Here's a job where I'm half way through at our local race course on Friday.

Notice all the light colored carpet lays the same way.

[Image: DSCN1186_zpsjp3qx8l9.jpg]

Thank you for your feedback. Please check the video out, it seems it did not upload properly so I am posting another link for the video only below.

Encapman: I use cimex and Releaseit, I cannot know how to do it smoothly without feedback from the video, please check.

Longe Lizard: Good job on that one! Please also check the video and tell me what we are doing wrong. Does it matter if I go forward and then dry pass stepping backwards without turning direction on the machine? Some areas are small so it is easier to go back for the dry pass rather than turn the machine around. Also, does it matter if I do like 3 rows wet then 3 rows dry pass or is it supposed to be one row at a time back and forth to work best? I feel I'm overthinking this but I can't get the results I want and it's driving me nuts.
By the way, if you happen to go back to the place another day, I would appreciate you take a picture, I would love to see how it looks like the day after. (Wet anything looks great)

LINK TO VIDEO: https://vid.me/SEy3

I hope I make sense.

Thanks.
From your video it looks like you are making the wet pass over the entire area first followed by a second pass. Actually it's better to make a quick wet pass, followed directly by the dry pass. The dry pass should be much slower than the wet pass. The actual cleaning takes place on the dry pass. What you want to see on your dry pass is a very smooth appearance. You will normally see a very light whitening on the surface during the dry pass. You may still even want to make an additional dry pass or two to smooth things out further. What you're looking for is consistency. You want the carpet to look relatively smooth, and even, and clean, after you've finished. In most cases, that can be achieved by focusing on smoothness of Cimex operation. Picture painting with a paintbrush. Your Cimex is like a big paintbrush. You want the results on the carpet to be smooth and attractive when you're finished.
That makes sense. I'll try making them one small area at a time for wet passes followed by dry pass. It is just that it takes like 4 seconds for the liquid to start pouring and another 4 second after I let the handle go to stop so it makes it easy to do a big area rather than small ones.

Now, does it make a difference if if go forward and then backwards without moving the direction of the machine? Or is it better to go forward and then turn he machine around to make the dry pass?

Thanks.
Here's how to compensate for the couple of second lag of the solution flow...
As you're finishing your wet-pass: Let go of the trigger a couple of steps before the wet-pass is completed. That allows the solution to spin out of the head of the machines at the end of the pass. As you're finishing your dry-pass: Squeeze the trigger a couple of steps before the dry-pass is completed. That allows the solution to begin filling the head of the machines before the next pass.

As you become familiar with factoring in the time it takes for the gravity-fed solution to fill up the bowl (blue drive deck), divert through the plumbing, and dispense through the pad drivers - you'll find that it will quickly become second nature for you to work with the rythym of the solution flow.

Hope all that makes sense. Smile
There was so much information on this post but one of the questions you asked really stands out!

Based on my results, I feel that the Cimex is more maintenance and hot water extraction more restorative, am I correct?

I disagree when I hear this question. I've operated TM's, Now own Porty's (I hardly use them), Rotary, Cimex, OP and CRB. 

Cimex can be used without HWE and can be used as a restorative measure. My favorite machine by far is my CRB but not just with commercial because I've been using it in all my residential homes as well for the last few months. The trick is using the Ultrasorb with Punch. I also clean with my OP but think about it. The sponges are the pads that get sucked up into the renovators and you just throw them away. The perfect amount of moisture and it literally cleaned right to the bottom of the fibers. I'd like to think that I mastered the use of the CRB but all it really takes is patience. The slower you go the faster you clean. I see guys on YouTube slinging the machine around but I think they're using it mostly for agitation. 

I have a hard time answering your question because they are two different machines. I don't believe you can just use the Cimex once and your a pro. It takes little time to learn how to feather the solution but does an amazing job. 

Rotary is great for commercial (although I prefer OP) but will clean it just as nice if you use it correctly.

All in all if you use HWE, Cimex, OP, or CRB I believe you need to master the use of your main go to machine if not all of them. They do all have their places but it is possible to make one particular machine or method work for your business.
(10-11-2016, 12:32 PM)richgallina Wrote: There was so much information on this post but one of the questions you asked really stands out!

Based on my results, I feel that the Cimex is more maintenance and hot water extraction more restorative, am I correct?

I disagree when I hear this question. I've operated TM's, Now own Porty's (I hardly use them), Rotary, Cimex, OP and CRB. 

Cimex can be used without HWE and can be used as a restorative measure. My favorite machine by far is my CRB but not just with commercial because I've been using it in all my residential homes as well for the last few months. The trick is using the Ultrasorb with Punch. I also clean with my OP but think about it. The sponges are the pads that get sucked up into the renovators and you just throw them away. The perfect amount of moisture and it literally cleaned right to the bottom of the fibers. I'd like to think that I mastered the use of the CRB but all it really takes is patience. The slower you go the faster you clean. I see guys on YouTube slinging the machine around but I think they're using it mostly for agitation. 

I have a hard time answering your question because they are two different machines. I don't believe you can just use the Cimex once and your a pro. It takes little time to learn how to feather the solution but does an amazing job. 

Rotary is great for commercial (although I prefer OP) but will clean it just as nice if you use it correctly.

All in all if you use HWE, Cimex, OP, or CRB I believe you need to master the use of your main go to machine if not all of them. They do all have their places but it is possible to make one particular machine or method work for your business.

Thanks for the information. I would try adsorb ultra but it doesn't have many reviews online so I'm not sure. Have you tried punch by itlself rather than mixing both products to see if the punch is doing the work or both together? Kind of like a side by side comparison.

Besides that, I always get confused on what to do. I generally use DS2 for everything. I hear people using Punch for commercial, others DS2. For residential like berber I've read that hydro or DS2 prespray followed by Cimex with punch works and several other combinations.

What is most popular in terms of prespray/Cimex spray for commercial carpets, and for residential berbers which are my main issue of Cimex.
I'm looking for kind of a general rule that most likely would work on every carpet of that kind, rather than someone saying "it depends on every carpet".
Also would be interested in best combination for high pile rental nasty carpets when HWE doesn't do it.

Finally...I have this job coming up next week (picture link below), how would you guys approach it? First job for an important client.

[Image: IMG_3113.jpg]
Encap-Punch Is an encapsulation pre-spray. It is designed to work in harmony with our encapsulation detergents like Encap-Clean DS2. It can be useful to add some extra "PUNCH" when cleaning a heavily soiled carpet. The nice thing about using Encap-Punch is that it won't mess up the crystallization process of the Releasit. It is entirely compatible with our Crystalon3 encap polymer.

The carpet you have photographed above would do well with Encap-Punch. Mix it at the max dilution, which is 12 ounces per gallon. Spray it on the soiled areas and give it a few minutes of dwell time. Then clean the carpet like normal using your Cimex Machine with Encap-Clean DS2. You will probably find that you can dispense a little bit less solution from your Cimex machine following an application of Encap-Punch as a pre-spray. It would also be helpful to use FiberPlus Max pads on your Cimex who your cleaning a bad carpet like that.

It also looks like there is a brownish hue to the carpet. If that is the case, it might also be good to do a quick post cleaning with Encap-HydrOx - if you happen to notice any brown tinge remaining of the carpet. You could lightly run back over the carpet afterward with Encap-HydrOx and bonnets to quickly knock out any browning.

Be sure to take some before and after pictures!
(10-22-2016, 06:41 PM)encapman Wrote: Encap-Punch Is an encapsulation pre-spray. It is designed to work in harmony with our encapsulation detergents like Encap-Clean DS2. It can be useful to add some extra "PUNCH" when cleaning a heavily soiled carpet. The nice thing about using Encap-Punch is that it won't mess up the crystallization process of the Releasit. It is entirely compatible with our Crystalon3 encap polymer.

The carpet you have photographed above would do well with Encap-Punch. Mix it at the max dilution, which is 12 ounces per gallon. Spray it on the soiled areas and give it a few minutes of dwell time. Then clean the carpet like normal using your Cimex Machine with Encap-Clean DS2. You will probably find that you can dispense a little bit less solution from your Cimex machine following an application of Encap-Punch as a pre-spray. It would also be helpful to use FiberPlus Max pads on your Cimex who your cleaning a bad carpet like that.

It also looks like there is a brownish hue to the carpet. If that is the case, it might also be good to do a quick post cleaning with Encap-HydrOx - if you happen to notice any brown tinge remaining of the carpet. You could lightly run back over the carpet afterward with Encap-HydrOx and bonnets to quickly knock out any browning.

Be sure to take some before and after pictures!

Thanks for your advice. The carpet I posted did not look much better after I treated, i'm not sure if I followed your adviced on this one. I did sprayer some punch from a bottle though and did not see much results.

On the bright side, I did this other job (pictures attached), first I did releaseit and nothing, looked almost the same, slightly cleaner.
Then I followed your advise, used punch as prespray at max dilution, followed by regular cleaning with releaseit and it changed a lot.
Still...I aim for perfection and it's far from it, however, the job I did now it's something I feel I can charge for, as opposed to what I did with the Cimex and releaseit only.

Also, I did some hallways, and finally got the hang of the Cimex, the trick is to always use it in the same direction as I did in a hallway (pictures attached)

Is it better to keep Punch at 1:10 or Hydrox as a prespray or as a spotting sprayer if I come up to stains that I believe will not come out with reglular Releaseit + Cimex? Also, there was a flood that water made a big mark (whiteish) into the commercial carpet. Releaseit took some of it, but not all, what would you use?

One more question, I use beige fiber plus pads. You mentioned fiber plus max pads. I had never heard of them until you said it. I ordered a case but job is done for now. The question I have regarding this is, are these pads better at scrubbing nasties? or just faster? Would I have got better results with those or the same? (assuming I took my time with the beige pads)

Link for pictures: https://postimg.org/gallery/2m3x07t4c/e9ce031f/
We've pretty much covered the gamut in this thread already. The Cimex with a good encap detergent can move some pretty big mountains. Like any method of carpet care though, there are occasional situations where the carpet is hammered and it simply won't respond as well as we'd like. Yet as a rule, this system nails commercial carpet just about 100% of the time. That's why it's so popular - it just works.

Use Encap-Punch as your pre-spray when you need to add a little extra "Punch" to the cleaning. Mix your Encap-Clean DS2 with warm or hot water at 4 oz per gallon (6 oz if it's extra nasty). And use the FiberPlus Max pads whenever you clean heavily soiled loop commercial carpet. Work the carpet till it looks clean, but AVOID over-wetting. It really is a very simple system.

I think as you continue to gain a little more experience you'll get your dance moves down and find the Cimex is a lovely dance partner. Smile