• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craigslist carpet cleaners- any stories out there??
I thank heaven that I have many,many referrals and a fine diversity of work.

Just for fun, today I got on Craigslist and saw how the carpet cleaners sell their services.
Frankly, I never considered it or even paid attention till this morning.

Are their any Craigslist users out there?? Any stories? I could not work that way but I am sure it works for some.
I advertise exclusively on craigslist. I do have a website that gets traffic as well, and we do commercial janitorial as well, so I don't rely on carpet cleaning exclusively. I do get good results though. You do get more price shoppers on there, but hey, it's free advertising and CL ads also show up in google searches. I also have been trying Angie's list recently with good results as well.
I have an ad on Craigslist because it's free and gets some traffic to my website, but I mostly get crazy responses like " I am moving to your city and have need for reliable cleaner, I am hearing impaired (or in the hospital) i need 12 8 x 12 rugs cleaned and i will have my shipper arrange to ship to your shop of business and I need you complete numbers and address to complete transaction, blah blah...
So i assume it's just trying to get email and other info for what ever reason. They get deleted. I do get some legit calls though, you just have to weed them out.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
I liked the ad that a carpet cleaner with clean ANY home for 79 dollars- no gimmicks -no surprises.
heck that is less than I have paid a helper for cleaning a home - haha.
Yep that's a good one.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
I've never advertised on there. It's too overcrowded - in my area at least. Tons of carpet cleaners posting ads.

Cleancorp, what city are you in?

On a side note, craigslist is now charging for job postings in certain markets (like mine for example). I had to pay $25.00 for a general labor ad for house cleaners.
Knoxville. There are a few others advertising, I just try to keep mine on top
cleancorp- are you running a special on Cragslist??
does it work?
i am interested in trying Craigslist simply to see if it helps with SEO at all.

anyone know if it is worth it for that?
Not sure if it helps, but it certainly can't hurt.

Write a good description and be sure to include the full business name and phone number in the text. You may even want to add the address (perhaps not though since it's a home address).

Insert some images and write a seo friendly title.

(03-23-2013, 11:04 AM)Derek Wrote: i am interested in trying Craigslist simply to see if it helps with SEO at all.

anyone know if it is worth it for that?
sounds good, tx Damon.
I list on craigslist as well, but we get so many spam emails it is not really worth it!!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
(03-22-2013, 08:51 PM)SLOTOOLS Wrote: cleancorp- are you running a special on Cragslist??
does it work?

I run a 3 area special for $109 and get quite a few calls. Used to be $99 but thought I'd go up with the new year. People don't seem to mind the slightly higher price.
Here in Charlotte, NC it's not been worth the effort to post. Have a HUGE amount of traffic for carpet cleaning, house cleaning and janitorial work listed again and again and again..............