• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tile & Grout Cleaning - Love It Or Hate It?
Wow, this is the first time I've seen anyone willing to trade a cimes for an orbot. Good luck. I love my orbot!!!!! On and my 2 speed rotary.
We use either a buffer or a Cylindrical brush machine to scrub the T&G usually use our favorite degrease or stripper unless we are color sealing after (most residential jobs we also seal or color seal. We mop it down let it set for about 10 minutes then scrub it, After we are done scrubbing we use either a gas powered pressure washer with heat and the vac unit from our Cross American to rinse if the grout is nasty, or the the pump off the CA unit, we use either a hard surface wand that has 4 internal jets or a 20 inch spinner.

To keep hoses clean I work closest to the door and work my way into the building or home when rinsing, it works great for us. We also use microfiber mops to get any left overs after we are done rinsing, we apply anti slip treatments on roughly 90 % our commercial jobs, thinking about just adding it to the cost of doing kitchens
Cleaning Dude

We use the Cimex (PRE SCRUB) in addition to the KC for nasty greasy quarry kitchen tile or neglected restrooms.

Smile
We clean a lot of medical offices. Many of them have T&G in the exam rooms and bathrooms. When we get called to do the carpet, we will mention about the tile. That will usually add some nice money to the job. We just cleaned a medical office, where half of the job was T&G,
Fred T. Gruber Jr.
On The Spot Carpet Care
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Does anyone use a CRB with the recovery trays? I have not tried, but I thought with the right chemical, scrub with the CRB, recover with a wet vac and an OP, you could do a good job.

Also does anyone have a recommendation on where to find good T&G training?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Update....I almost bought a Mytee Water Hog and spinner today (both used but in good shape) but I flinched at the last minute.

We have a t&g job Tuesday. Going to give it a go with the Bot one last time. If I am ultimately unhappy again I will bite the bullet and go with the spinner combo:

Mytee Air Hog, Water Hog and spinner - and be done with it forever.
While everyone here has their preferred methods of cleaning t/g I'm not here to dispute anything but I do have a question.... When you are using say your orbot or what have you-VLM method for t/g, do you pick up the "slurry" with your pads and move on or are you going back over with wet/damp- clean pads afterwards,a "rinse" pass?
What is the best T&G cleaner out there that is safe for all floors. I am using orbot sprayborg?

By the way, I love any work that produces profits. So yeah, I love T&G cleaning.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Hi, for tile and grout cleaning with any type floor machine (buffer, cimex or OP), my favorite cold water cleaner is NCL Cyclone (alkaline based - meaning high on the ph scale) or Anvil or Shoreline 2790.

For smell and cleaning ability, my hands down favorite is NCL Cyclone!! If you need to do an acid wash or remove stains on grout lines NCL makes an acid named Twister.

Hope this helps!
I love tile and grout cleaning. It is extremely easy using one of our Butler truckmounts. I have been doing it that way for 12 years now and I wish all my jobs were tile and grout jobs. http://www.pearsoncarpetcare.com/Portals...ut%202.jpg
(11-19-2012, 10:43 AM)patrickm Wrote: While everyone here has their preferred methods of cleaning t/g I'm not here to dispute anything but I do have a question.... When you are using say your orbot or what have you-VLM method for t/g, do you pick up the "slurry" with your pads and move on or are you going back over with wet/damp- clean pads afterwards,a "rinse" pass?

Depends on the job. I maintain my janitorial accounts so the T&G never get real dirty. I pick up the slurry with a few bonnets and rinse mop. But the job is very small, about 400 sq.ft. If I had to do a large job I'd need to bring in the vac, because I don't have 100 bonnets.

(11-01-2012, 07:05 AM)NJP Wrote: Wow, this is the first time I've seen anyone willing to trade a cimes for an orbot. Good luck. I love my orbot!!!!! On and my 2 speed rotary.

Me too! The Orbot is the best piece of cleaning equipment I've ever had. Versatile, durable, and easy to use. This 2 yr interest free deal has got me thinking about another one.
I am using Orbot. It works great.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Love T&G way more profit in it exspecally when they have it sealed, apply anti slip treatments, or color seal
Tile & grout is awesome. Especially, as David pointed out, when you seal/color-seal or apply treatments. Color sealing is easily and by far my favorite. Plus, after color sealing, a maintenance program is a snap to maintain.

I use a rotary with a brush and a good wet vac.
I used my Orbot a couple of weeks ago. Got great results.

Used a Butyl cleaner though and needed to rinse.

What's the most affordable and effective option to rinse - besides a mop and bucket....

[Image: 2013-03-19143804_zpsae09cad0.jpg]

[Image: 2013-03-19155707_zpsbfa7973c.jpg]