• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet pee on my carpet! Help!
Pet pee on my carpet! Help! I have a dog who’s home alone most of the day so I can’t blame him if he can’t hold his pee. But today, I came home to another wet spot in my carpet and I figured it’s pee. I am considering to buy a steam mop already because calling for carpet cleaning service is expensive and I don’t like scrubbing the pee off the carpet with my own hands but now, I still don’t have a choice.

This Shark one seems cheap but I don’t really know if it is good enough. Also considering H2O but I’ve heard many horror stories of money wasted on it so the good feedback isn’t really helping them much, in my opinion of course.

I’m considering one of the cheaper Vax steam mops on this list but I’m still unsure. My budget is somewhere in the £50-100. Please give suggestions! Thank you!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I "steam mop" will not do anything for carpet.

Here's a simple DIY approach for pet urine on carpet:

Use some Nature's Miracle... http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Miracle-Destroyer-Eliminator-P-5727/dp/B003I5VTRW/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1453988618&sr=1-2&keywords=natures+miracle+for+dogs Apply a generous amount to the spot. Place a plastic bag over the spot, and weight it down with a frying pan or other heavy object. Allow it to remain under plastic overnight. Nature's Miracle is an ENZYME urine eliminator. An enzyme product is what is needed to digest the urine odor and possible stain. It is very effective!

The following day, extract the spot thoroughly with a small carpet extractor. A small unit like this should be adequate... http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-Spotbot-Handsfree-Technology-33N8A/dp/B003Y3AA2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453988841&sr=8-1&keywords=B002KCMH6Q%7CB003Y3AA2S%7CB00SBA5N26%7CB010QZQMF0

This forum is generally for "professional"carpet cleaners, but the same principles outlined above will likewise work for your DIY homeowner needs. Smile

P.S. As long as the condition with the dog remaining unattended in the home for long hours continues, the potential for this problem to occur again will remain. For the sake of the dog's comfort, perhaps you might consider somehow changing the circumstances for the animal's welfare and happiness. Just a thought.
Guys...blood on my carpet... is it possible to clean the spot by modern spot carpet cleaners? I would like to buy Bissell SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner, is it ok? Actually, I am not a pro...
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Call a professional to safely deal with blood.