• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with dingy area
I'm in the middle of cleaning an office attached to a grimy warehouse. The carpets were last cleaned with a rug doctor. I don't think anyone ever vacuums if so rarely. They track in a lot of greasy type soil from the warehouse. I'm getting decent results with ds2 and punch..but some areas have very dingy gray areas. The carpet is matted. I have made multiple passes with max pads..but still dingy. When I spritz with spot and use a white cloth i get tons of soil transfer

I think a crb with powder would be great but don't own one. Should i extract with porty or hit with 175 and microbeast? How can i better prepare I the future as well? Huh
When carpet has not been maintained the results you can attain will be limited.
Sometimes there is no carpet cleaning magic to make it look new.
In my view I would use a combo of max pad and microbeast plus heavy on the Punch.
Slow down the process and use multiple microbeasts to extract.
The area will probably lighten up but not disappear.
Don't feel bad. That is probably the best anyone could do!
Lee nailed it!

Take your time with Microbeast bonnets. Try to speed dry it too. If you perform HWE, expect to see some major wicking. Wicking can be remedied after the fact with bonnet cleaning. Or you can simply bonnet clean extensively up front with Microbeast bonnets. That will likely improve things.
Thanks guys. One small room hadn't been vacuumed in years. Was amazed at what just vacuuming accomplished. When i hit with cimex it was just dark gray foam moving around. Worst thing i have seen yet. I also had to strip and finish 2k ft vct so no time to go back and bonnet as my 175 was tied up stripping. But all in all was still a big improvement and client was happy. They will be a regular vct burnishing client and should also be able to do carpets again in about 6 months and will have more time to post bonnet then.
If I had a crb..how would it compare using the compound to bonneting for this kind of scenario?
CRB with dry compound works great too. You'll just need to be prepared to burn through a fair amount of powder to get the results you want.