• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is best for encapping! Small CRB or Oreck Orbiter
I mainly clean residential carpets and over the last few months have converted to encap cleaning from hwe. I have sold all of my large hwe machines and now just use a small extractor for spot treatments as I bonnet everything else. However I do need to use my hwe for cleaning stairs as my rotary is to big. I am now considering another machine for stair cleaning. I cant make up my mind between an Oreck orbiter or a small 10in crb machine. Is one better than the other and is there particular situation or type of carpet where one will perform better than the other? Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks
Oreck Orbitor cheaper and more versatile. If you're ready to step up your game go Trinity Stepson or StepDad

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Another option is the Cyclo polisher which is great for upholstery cleaning as well as stairs. You should rent the option you choose to test drive. I

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I am in the Uk so I doubt I would be able to aquire these mentioned machines. I I have a few questions.

Is the Oreck orbiter easy to manoeuvre on stairs. It is quite heavy and I don't know how easy it would be to use it, also is it noisy compared to larger rotaries, Does it clean well?

Also is the motor in the Oreck powerful enough to use abrasive pads like the microbeast?

Does a small crb machine do just as good a job as a rotary? Are they easy to clean out and do they need to be cleaned out often?

Thanks
Oreck orbiter will work great.
Plenty of power for anything and very quiet.
Great for stairs with a microbeast!
I spray then use the Rota Drill Brush Attachment followed by the Oreck with a Microbeast.
Orbiter allows you to extract dirt using bonnets, CRB does not.
Do crb machines not suck up dirt? Im sure they collect encapped soil. Does anyone know?
You are correct a CRB will collect soil in the two collection trays when they are attached.
I was incorrect when I said a CRB does not extract dirt.
so does this mean that I can encap with a crb. Does it mean a pre vacuum wont be required?
Yes you can encap with a CRB followed by your small spotting machine.

My process is to use a small hand vac first to remove the dry dirt and hair that might be there.
I then spray with DS2 and use the rota drill attachment on an adjustable speed drill. This allows for good agitation and allows you to get into the corners.
My third step is using the Oreck with microbeasts to extract as much of the remaining dirt as possible into the bonnet.
I know this is a multi step process but if you wish to get good results using a full VLM system on stairs this will work.
You can certainly try different tools and fewer steps based on your unique situation.

Another thing to consider a used Oreck costs about $150. A used CRB is very difficult to find and a new 10 inch CRB costs about $2,000 here in the US.
Another advantage of using the Oreck Orbiter on stairs is you use it standing up.  This way your knees aren't getting wet.  I have found this to be a big advantage.  The Orecks are available used on Craigs List.  Also, every now and again, Amazon puts the Oreck Orbiter XL on sale as "the deal of the day" for a very good price.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
First I'd like to answer your question. For stairs I use the step son but the orek will work just as well and you can do it standing up. With the CRB it will work good on stairs but once you put the renovators on your not going to get the entire step because you can't get the whole step but.... since you should vacuum it anyway afterwards you shouldn't need the trays anyway.

I don't care what anyone says but CRB works extremely well for all residential. I went from Porty, to TM to OP and now 90% of all my residential jobs are CRB with Adsorb Ultra and Encap Punch. The other 10% I'd use my OP for area rugs or HWE spills using a claw. 

Tomorrow I'm I have an 8X10 Nylon test rug that I left in the office of a septic cleaning and installation shop for a week and then left it in a auto repair shop under the lift for about a week and a half. I'm going to drag it across my lawn as well. Why am I doing this.... I have no clue except to prove how well I love Releasit Products and my Brush Encap.

I will post pics!
Just saw this. Never tried it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsxe7aFg_kI
Our 10" BrushENcap works well on stairs. I know that Mark Saiger and some of the guys that hang out on MikeysBoard likes to use theirs that way. http://www.excellent-supply.com/BrushEnc...p_856.html. By the way, the BrushENcap is the genuine Austrian built machine (not the Chinese look alike).

As stated above in the thread... Another simple and effective tool for stairs is the Oreck Orbiter. We don't currently sell them. You can pick them up used sometimes. I think they're around $400 for the new "commercial" model. The machine is a tiny little guy, but it's a handy tool to use for stairs and small areas.
For several years I used my Cyclo with an extended handle for cleaning stairs.

Then I saw on a UK forum (or it may have been here), where guys were using the Oreck on stairs.

So I asked questions to gauge answers from Oreck users.

As I had it in my van & had stairs to do that day, I decided to try it.

I tried it with a red pad first, but not much success so went with an agitator bonnet with the stripes in it.

So much better and easier.

Start at the top with machine in front of you.

Do tread, edge and lower riser.

[Image: 20160422_105114_zpsfjv7kabl.jpg]

[Image: 20160422_105129_zpstgv5xrty.jpg]

Repeat until you get to the bottom.

I don't find it heavy at all & I'm only a small old bloke.

BUT, I would like some wheels on it when transporting from van to job site & return. Big Grin 

I'm also lazy.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........