• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hos Orbot - Spray System
After many sleepless nights i bought the Hos Orbot sprayborg a few months ago. I thought a lot about the Cimex but feel that Orbot is the better choice for me. I like the machine but noticed that i use more solution then with my pump up and rotary. Is there anything i am doing wrong? Do i have to adjust the spray tips in a different way? I realy like the onboard sprayer but have to get learn how i use the sprayer in the right way so that i do not use too much solution...

I am thankfull for every advice!
What I did was got some smaller diameter spray tips.
Are your's 6504?
Should say on the spray tip.
I went to a ag supply place and got some that sprays half as much.
(09-16-2016, 11:17 AM)Perry Wrote: What I did was got some smaller diameter spray tips.
Are your's 6504?
Should say on the spray tip.
I went to a ag supply place and got some that sprays half as much.

Thanks Perry. This would help. But i am sorry..i am german...what is a ag supply?
Agriculture supply place for farmers is what I have here.
(09-16-2016, 11:32 AM)Perry Wrote: Agriculture supply place for farmers is what I have here.

Ah. Ok. Good advice! Thanks a lot!
A second option is to use the small control valve on the side of the machine.
You can turn the red handle and lower the amount of solution going to the sprayer jets.

A third option is to convert your two jet system to a one jet system and use the following tip
http://agrimart.net/ai-teejet-air-induct...-tip-blue/
You would have to complete this simple conversion yourself because there is no kit to buy for it.
(09-16-2016, 01:56 PM)lee@deepclean.us.com Wrote: A second option is to use the small control valve on the side of the machine.
You can turn the red handle and lower the amount of solution going to the sprayer jets.

A third option is to convert your two jet system to a one jet system and use the following tip
http://agrimart.net/ai-teejet-air-induct...-tip-blue/
You would have to complete this simple conversion yourself because there is no kit to buy for it.
Thanks Lee. I used the control valve but feel the right jet does not spray as much as the left one. Did you convert your spray system to a one jet system?

Another question... when you are cleaning heavy soiled commercial carpets....do you prespray with your Orbot or with a battery sprayer and give some dwell time?
Hi Bernd,

I did convert my Orbot to a one jet sprayer. It requires you to go slower but it works for me.

My system is time consuming but I get very good results and I charge more than most.

I vacuum first with a Certified Pile Brush followed by using a 175 floor machine with a Gray pad to scrub.

Final step is Orbot with a blue Microbeast pad. Then have customer vacuum when dry.

Each step extracts dirt for a total of 4.

If all you have is an Orbot in a heavy soiled carpet I would slow down and do more scrubbing.

Then use cotton / SuperZorb type bonnets to help remove soil load followed by blue microbeast bonnet.

Should only have to do that in the really bad areas!
(09-16-2016, 05:24 PM)lee@deepclean.us.com Wrote: Hi Bernd,

I did convert my Orbot to a one jet sprayer. It requires you to go slower but it works for me.

My system is time consuming but I get very good results and I charge more than most.

I vacuum first with a Certified Pile Brush followed by using a 175 floor machine with a Gray pad to scrub.

Final step is Orbot with a blue Microbeast pad. Then have customer vacuum when dry.

Each step extracts dirt for a total of 4.

If all you have is an Orbot in a heavy soiled carpet I would slow down and do more scrubbing.

Then use cotton / SuperZorb type bonnets to help remove soil load followed by blue microbeast bonnet.

Should only have to do that in the really bad areas!

Thanks Lee for sharing your cleaning procedure.

I have a 175 floor machine, the Orbot, a Sebo vaccum and a CRB.

I try to find a way to raise up my hourly productivity. I have a new big commercial job of 15.000 sq/ fts. Never been cleaned with some traffic lanes and coffee spots. Totally empty office rooms and hallways.

Normally i scrub first with a tan floor pad, use then a microfiber pad with scrub stripes and finish on the bad areas with SuperZorbs.

You invest a lot of time in your cleaning steps and i think you get great results!
Happy to hear about your big commercial job Bernd!

I am sure you will have great success!
Thank you Lee! It is one of my biggest jobs. I have a helper who is vaccuming and is refelling the bottles of the Orbot with cleaning solution. Hope to reach 1000 sq/fts hour.
nice account you picked up Bernd! if you haven't already, strongly consider purchasing the Orbot weight kit. it will GREATLY improve the encap-cleaning results. for speed definitely keep the 2 jets instead of 1.
(09-26-2016, 10:21 AM)Derek Wrote: nice account you picked up Bernd! if you haven't already, strongly consider purchasing the Orbot weight kit. it will GREATLY improve the encap-cleaning results. for speed definitely keep the 2 jets instead of 1.

Thanks Derek! Yes, i bought the weight kit with my Orbot and use it most of the time.

Its a big job for me- unfortunally with some heavy traffic lanes and many coffee spots.

I have to raise up my hourly production rate and hope the weights will help me on this job.
(09-16-2016, 06:43 PM)Bernd Wrote: Thank you Lee! It is one of my biggest jobs. I have a helper who is vaccuming and is refelling the bottles of the Orbot with cleaning solution. Hope to reach 1000 sq/fts hour.

Hi Bernd

I'm confident that you'll be able to hit 1000 sq ft per hour! Go for it. That number can be easily achieved with an Orbot. Keep us posted.
(09-26-2016, 09:36 PM)encapman Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 06:43 PM)Bernd Wrote: Thank you Lee! It is one of my biggest jobs. I have a helper who is vaccuming and is refelling the bottles of the Orbot with cleaning solution. Hope to reach 1000 sq/fts hour.

Hi Bernd

I'm confident that you'll be able to hit 1000 sq ft per hour! Go for it. That number can be easily achieved with an Orbot. Keep us posted.

Thanks Rick! I will start on thursday und will post my experience and results. How many weight plates would you recommend for cgd?