• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Best portable carpet extractor to buy?
Hi, I have an account with 10 buildings and wanted to know what is currently a really good, reliable portable carpet extractor that I could use to clean the carpets. One of the buildings use the glued down commercial carpet squares. I am curently using a cimex machine but would like to add a portable. I am thinking about a 2 stage motor with the one plug and would like the machine to be able to heat the water as well. And if I can, I would like the machine to have enough power to help with cleaning tile and grout. If someone could point me in the right direction with a brand of machine or certain model that would be great. Also any information on what would be a great cleaning wand would be nice. Thank you for all your time and consideration in helping me make an informed choice.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
If you can handle 2 plugs i'd go with something like a 200psi with 2 3stage vacs.
With HWE the emphasis should ALWAYS be on vacuum, no point on wetting a carpet if you can't recover it, if you need to put down more water in an area go a little slower.
You can make up for lack of heat by adjusting your prespray solution or agitation.
I've cleaned dozens of condo common hallways on a regular basis like this. Sure you need an extension cord(s) to ensure your on separate circuits and it can be a pain but they dry quick. I know this won't help much for tile & grout.
I did this with an Ninja but there are many portables out there similar with similar specs.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Great advice to insure there's plenty of Vac performance! I agree 100%. And two 3-stag motors would normally be a good way to go. However, there have been recent advancements in Vac motors. The new AirWatt Vac motors can produce higher waterlift using 2-stage Vac motors. The older 3-stage motors actually generate less waterlift than the new 2-stage AirWatt units. Now extractors can produce tremendous lift, while drawing less amperage. The new 2-stage Airwatt motors are a practical approach to deliver maximum lift, without requiring excessive current demands. Take our TruckPort for example. It has 200 inches of waterlift. Perfect for a high performance portable!

Check it out...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/TruckPor...p_345.html

[Image: truckport-waterlift-200.JPG]
That looks like an awsome portable! That would help with the tile&grout issue too.
Honestly i've haven't paid  much attention to vacuums for portables the last 10yrs.
What's the model # of the vac in that unit? I should update mine.
Power consumption is the bugger with portables. In Canada most mid 80's and newer kitchens will have 20amp split receptacles which is great, but i find a lot of bldgs of any age you can't run much more than a regular vacuum unless your plugging your 2nd cord in a stairwell or even another floor-but you can always find a way.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
You can actually run the TruckPort on one cord - sans heat. Smile

Don't have a model number handy on the vac motor.
Well that solves that issue! Lol
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I believe the Truckport has 2 Ametek 6.6 Vac motors.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020