• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moved Into New House - Carpets Are Disgusting (help)
As the title says, I just moved into a new house and the carpets are filthy. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but it would be great to get some help from the experts.

I was thinking of hiring a carpet cleaner just to go through the whole house, but then I considered trying to do it myself. I've got a decent hoover, but I was thinking of getting a steam cleaner to clean the carpets and then following up with a good vacuuming session. I could then use some sort of stain remover for the worst bits.

I've got my eye on the Karcher SC1 (which I found on this list), but I realised there was a newer version (the SC2) so I'm a little stumped now.

My question is: are steam cleaners "good enough" for cleaning carpets? Or do I really need to hire a carpet cleaner? And what's the best process for cleaning stains (they look like a mixture of dog urine and spilt drinks...not nice).

Thanks!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
DIY tools are wimpy. They may be useful for doing maintenance on clean carpet. But that's not what you're describing. I would would recommend hiring a professional. Let someone help you who has proper training, equipment, and experience. A good carpet cleaner can work wonders on a soiled carpet. Then after the carpet is in shape you might perform periodic touch ups with the DIY tools.