• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TM3 Crb Machines
I have been considering buying one of the Austrian made CRB TM3 machines for encapping small areas on residential carpet as a more portable alternative to lifting my heavy rotary up stairs.

Could anyone tell me if the small tm3 machines are suitable for encapping or are they only suitable to be used as a prespray agitation machine or for using with dry compound.

A supplier of this machine thought that it was only suitable for using with dry compound and it is only larger crb machines that are suitable for cleaning with any level of moisture involved.

Could some one please confirm if one of these machines is suitable for encapping and will the results be as good as using a bonnet.

Thanks
The 10" BrushEncap (TM3) is great for all the above, and more. 
  • It's popular for dry soil removal, and carpet-prep prior to cleaning. 
  • It's also popular for working pre-spray into carpet prior to cleaning.
  • It works great for dry compound cleaning.
  • And it can be used for small encap scrubbing jobs.
  • Some cleaners even use it on stairs.
It's the little scrubber that can. Smile
Thanks for your reply. I have some questions.

1. Are all TM3 machines the same and just rebranded to be called brushencap and other names or are there different manufacturers?

2. What brushes are best for encap machines if going to clean booth residential cut pile and loop pile carpets? Also how long do the brushes last.

3. Will a tm3 machine do just as good a job as a rotary with bonnet taking in to consideration it is a lot lighter?

Thanks for your help.
1. The Austrian built TM3 machines are ALL manufactured by Rotowash in Austria. And they are all imported through Carpet Cleaner America. Many are then privately branded. Our brand for this machine is "BrushEncap". (Beware of the Asian machines. They're knock-offs. They may look similar, but they're not the same quality).

2. The BrushEncap comes with standard/medium brushes. These brushes are ideal for most carpet. There are also soft brushes that are useful for delicate cut pile. And there are firm brushes that can be used for scrubbing hard surfaces.

3. A CRB and a rotary are different animals altogether. A CRB offers a wider range of uses (mentioned in the post above). A rotary is more limited in its application.
What is the best brushes to get. Will the standard brushes be ok on most cut pile carpet or do I need to go for the soft ones. Will the harder brushes be more effective at cleaning?
The standard brushes cover most situations. Adding the soft brushes is a good idea too.

Guess what! We're currently running a Year End Special till the end of the year. 
The special offer includes a FREE Extra Set Of Brushes (your choice of firmness).

So if you'd like to get the soft brushes too, now might be a time to pull the trigger. Smile
It would probably not work out that cheap for me as I am in the uk so import charges would be high. If zone services stock them let me know and I will get them when buying my encaps. thanks
I don't believe they sell CRB's

It still might be cheaper for us to ship it to you than to buy one locally. 
May be worth crunching the numbers. Check first to see if anyone in the UK has them.
And if we can help - let us know.
Check the voltage.

USA is 110 volts

UK is 240 volts.

Not sure if Rick can supply in 240 volts.

If not, check out: http://www.worldofclean.co.uk/tm4-crb-ca...r-628.html

We have the same problem down under.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Thanks for passing that info along Shorty. Hopefully it'll prove to be a good local source. Smile
That's me ordered a TM3. Looking forward to trying it out with some releasit.
(12-02-2016, 04:28 PM)cookiemonster Wrote: That's me ordered a TM3. Looking forward to trying it out with some releasit.

Works great! Good choice. I have a TM3 and the TM4 and like working with them!
The only thing im worried about is if they pull lots of rubbish out of deep in the carpet pile and make a mess.
(12-03-2016, 05:55 AM)cookiemonster Wrote: The only thing im worried about is if they pull lots of rubbish out of deep in the carpet pile and make a mess.

Yes, it can happen. That's why i use the CRB before vaccuming as my first step to pull most rubbish out. After vaccuming and cleaning it can be possible to use the vaccum again as your last step to get the last dirt and rubbish from the carpet.

A lot of steps...but gives me very good results!
I have got my tm3 now. Can anyone tell me is I am supposed to remove the wheels when using it as the panel on the wheels seems to rub against the brushes and this might wear the brushes.