• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DS 2 Scent?
I have just accuired some ds2 and having used it for the first time I cant say I am impressed with the way it smells. I thought it was supposed to have a citrus smell but I can barley smell anything compared to other encap products that have a deodoriser. Is there a reason for this?
The citrus scent is not overpowering. We went for a fresh light scent. I personally HATE getting hit in the face with strong fragrances. That's not what "clean" should smell like. We've been careful to avoid heavy weight fragrances. Instead, Releasit has always gone with a fresh clean scent. We like its milder profile, and I hope you'll like it too.
(12-11-2016, 05:02 PM)cookiemonster Wrote: I have just accuired some ds2 and having used it for the first time I cant say I am impressed with the way it smells.  I thought it was supposed to have a citrus smell but I can barley smell anything compared to other encap products that have a deodoriser.  Is there a reason for this?

If you think the smell could be stronger...put a few drops of citrus oil in the cleaning solution. Did it with some tea tree oil. Works fine.

More important: how was the cleaning result? Did DS2 perform well for you?
I have had great success adding Odorcide Fresh Scent to the mix.
Helps get rid of nasty smells and works great with the entire encap product line.
Everyone seems to enjoy the smell as well!
Lee's on target with Odorcide. It works great. And it won't mess up the crystallization of Releasit products.
I don't have access to that deodoriser as I am in the uk. Can I use other deodorisers without it affecting the cleaning ability of releasit?
You can add a few drops of essential oil to a tank of solution without a problem. Some favorite essential oil scents you may want to consider are orange, tea tree, or peppermint. A few drops to a tankful is all you need, and it won't hurt the crystallization.
I noticed the same issue. I got a mixed case of DS2, punch and hydrox. The Hydrox had a very pleasant citrus smell, but the DS2 and Punch smelled the same, no citrus at all. More like a chemical smell, the way the bio encap smelled when it first came out. Really loved the Hydrox smell though.
We're actually looking at increasing the citrus scent. Hang in there guys. Smile
I've noticed the lack of citrus smell for some time now, so a stronger scent would be great. I'm in Australia, so not sure when it will be available here, but look forward to using this great product!
It's in the pipeline. :-)

In the meantime, you could add a few drops of orange essential oil.

https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Orange-Large-ounce-Essential/dp/B00PHVXISS/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1483307922&sr=8-3&keywords=orange%2Bessential%2Boil%2Borganic&th=1

It's a simple way to add more citrus scent.
I made a job on a doctors office...old carpet and never been cleaned. Made a free demo and now i am cleaning it twice a year. I saved them more than 10.000 Euro for replacing the carpet and everyone was excited about the fresh citrus scent! The results are great! Punch and DS2 made the trick. It was a red carpet and the colours came out great- similiar using a peroxide based product.
Glad you like the scent! The formula got a little boost of citrus fragrance since this thread was started. In fact, it was in response to this thread (we pay attention to your comments). The slightly stronger scent (not overpowering) smells really fresh!
Just got a new order of Punch and Hydrox and must say the scent is much better now. Thanks for listening to us.
Cool! Glad to you like it.
We do listen. Smile

Thanks for the feedback!