• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRB for tile?
Purchased a 15in CRB from Excellent Supply a few months back...love it by the way. Can the CRB be used for tile jobs? If so, what steps and spray would I need? If not, what is good portable tile cleaning machine to add to the arsenal? I do have a HOS Orbot and I know I can get the scrub brush attachment, is it worth it and any feedback on the HOS Orbot for tile jobs? Thanks all!
Get a set of the firm brushes for that machine. Pre-spray the tile with your favorite heavy-duty cleaner. Give it a few minutes dwell time. Scrub north-south east-west. Rinse with a high-pressure extractor and tile tool if you have one; or wet-vac the solution and mop rinse the floor.
Rick is correct.
Give the chems a bit more dwell time and you will be happy with the results!
I pretty much do tile & grout like Rick said with a few slight differences. Instead of spraying the cleaner down I use a flat MF pad and "mop" it on after using a cheap plastic garden watering can (like from Home Depot) to spread/water the cleaner down the middle of the floor - then using the mop to spread it out. I use my portable with a gecko floor tool to rinse and extract the dirty solution from the floor.

I'm using the 10" CRB to agitate. IMHO it works better than the 175 with a floor brush to get into the grout lines.
I just did a tile job today with stiff (brown Brush). I used Bonnet Pros Rocket and sucked up with my Myth and Wet Vac attachment. I have a nice wand for the sludge but you can use any wet vac and wand. The tile today was slate tile and it came out beautiful.