• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaw Contract now recommends encapsulation for their carpet
There was a time when Shaw wasn't such a fan of encapsulation. In the past, their emphasis was on "hot water extraction" as the primary method for maintaining commercial carpet. They now recognize encapsulation, and their website highlights its benefits for commercial carpet. It's good to see that encapsulation has gained the approval of one of the world's largest carpet manufacturers. Here are the current recommendations from the Shaw Contract website...

[Image: ShawContractCarpetMaintenanceEncapsulation.jpg]
That is awesome!
Thanks for the update .
It is about time they get in touch with the real world!
Cool, not to sure how much it held ground anyway. I believe the IICRC recognizes encap , pretty sure that's what matters in the end. Otherwise a manufacturer could start saying "you can only use extraction using our chemical, anything else voids warranty".
Better than nothing but it only recommends "encapsulation" as a "interim" cleaning between HWE. Buffer cleaning with a bonnet is not recommended. And this is for commercial only. So it doesn't help me much unfortunately. :-(
It's a lot better than where we were a few years ago. Smile
Hey Rick, are the fiber plus pads considered "bonnet" ? I know its a can of worms when it comes to this stuff.
I haven't seen anything for or against FiberPlus pads from Shaw. However, they don't like any machine that's round. Not even a Cimex. The only style of scrubber that they approve is a CRB. So it stands to reason that they won't like FiberPlus pads either. That being said; the Professional Testing Laboratory (PTL) in Dalton Georgia tested the Cimex / FiberPlus pads / Releasit combo on commercial cut pile carpet. PTL is the official testing lab for the CRI and the mills in Georgia. They determined that the Cimex / FiberPlus pads / Releasit combo did NOT damage the carpet - even after making 22 passes.  http://excellent-supply.com/Cimex-Test-Results.pdf