• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oily Restaurant Carpet?
Every other month we clean the local Red Lobster. We have always performed HWE. I am curious if anyone here would recommend VLM using our Unico orbital and Releasit DS-2?
Will this perform well on the cooking oils used and various spills that are common?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
You can try it. If the restaurant gets cleaned every month, normally a decent restaurant carpet can be managed with a good encap program. The key is to make sure you keep up with the frequency of cleaning (no less than once per month). And be prepared to HWE some of the hammered sections if a need arises. However you may find that you can provide good results with less HWE than you might have expected. We've had a number of cleaners (myself included) who were able to maintain a busy restaurant with a GOOD encap program.  

Here are a few suggestions to help you:
  • Make sure that you keep the frequency of encapsulation at no less than monthly basis
  • Use hot water for your detergent
  • Pre-spray the hight-traffic areas with DS2 mixed strong (10-12 oz per gallon)
  • Mix the DS2 for your scrubbing at 6 oz per gallon
  • Perform HWE in the heavier soil sections whenever a need arises

Give it a shot. Let us know how you make out.
Hello Paul,

We clean a few Carrabbas restaurants on a quarterly basis using encap, I have been able to maintain them just using a CRB. I very much prefer encap in a restaurant setting simply cause its an enduring cleaner. Restaurants get hammered with traffic, spills etc.,,,, I like knowing once I leave the carpet may have a chance lol.
(05-08-2017, 01:29 PM)encapman Wrote: You can try it. If the restaurant gets cleaned every month, normally a decent restaurant carpet can be managed with a good encap program. The key is to make sure you keep up with the frequency of cleaning (no less than once per month). And be prepared to HWE some of the hammered sections if a need arises. However you may find that you can provide good results with less HWE than you might have expected. We've had a number of cleaners (myself included) who were able to maintain a busy restaurant with a GOOD encap program.  

Here are a few suggestions to help you:
  • Make sure that you keep the frequency of encapsulation at no less than monthly basis
  • Use hot water for your detergent
  • Pre-spray the hight-traffic areas with DS2 mixed strong (10-12 oz per gallon)
  • Mix the DS2 for your scrubbing at 6 oz per gallon
  • Perform HWE in the heavier soil sections whenever a need arises

Give it a shot. Let us know how you make out.

Rick, one question: Why do you advice or prefer to use DS2 at the strong mix (10-12 oz per gallon) as the pre-spray instead of using Punch?
Using Encap-Punch would actually be a better choice for a pre-spray than DS2 on a restaurant carpet. But when I read your question, I was thinking you were limited to DS2 since that's what you mentioned (my mistake). If you're open to using both products - Encap-Punch is the way to go. Using Punch and DS2 together will produce excellent results!
(05-08-2017, 05:59 PM)encapman Wrote: Using Encap-Punch would actually be a better choice for a pre-spray than DS2 on a restaurant carpet. But when I read your question, I was thinking you were limited to DS2 since that's what you mentioned (my mistake). If you're open to using both products - Encap-Punch is the way to go. Using Punch and DS2 together will produce excellent results!

I have some samples of the Encap-Punch. 
I only clean this location every other month. 
But it never seems too dirty.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Should turn out splendidly. Smile