• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nervous before my biggest job- 25833 sq/fts
I am going to start with my biggest commercial job next week...25833 sq/fts of CGD. Its a big software company. I am realy excited and nervous... Will do the job only with my helper who is vaccuming and refelling the jugs of my Orbot. We do not need to move furniture.

Doing some longer hallways and many smaller offices with desks and cabinets. Problem is that some hallways have tile floors and we have to go from one to the other office to clean the carpet inside! The carpet is medium soiled...has only a few spots.

We still try to figure out how to get to highest production rate. The plan is that my helper is vaccuming and pre-spraying visible spots and traffic lanes. Spills won't be pre-sprayed (will be using Rick's tip for spill stains). I will run the Orbot - nontop with full weights and Fiber pads and/or MF Pads or SuperZorbs on the dirtier areas. Wil do two passes- one while spraying and one slower backwards as my cleaning pass. A one pass cleaning shouldn't be enough.

We have to clean on 7 different floors and have three days from 8 am till 5 pm to finish the whole job. We have to do around 1010 sq/fts per hour 8,5 hours a day to get the job done in this three days. Should work Smile . I ordered a new case of DS2 from Rick's UK supplier (they provide a great service by the way).

Keep you up to date how my biggest job will turn out   Smile
(05-09-2017, 04:53 PM)Bernd Wrote: I am going to start with my biggest commercial job next week...25833 sq/fts of CGD. Its a big software company. I am realy excited and nervous... Will do the job only with my helper who is vaccuming and refelling the jugs of my Orbot. We do not need to move furniture.

Doing some longer hallways and many smaller offices with desks and cabinets. Problem is that some hallways have tile floors and we have to go from one to the other office to clean the carpet inside! The carpet is medium soiled...has only a few spots.

We still try to figure out how to get to highest production rate. The plan is that my helper is vaccuming and pre-spraying visible spots and traffic lanes. Spills won't be pre-sprayed (will be using Rick's tip for spill stains). I will run the Orbot - nontop with full weights and Fiber pads and/or MF Pads or SuperZorbs on the dirtier areas. Wil do two passes- one while spraying and one slower backwards as my cleaning pass. A one pass cleaning shouldn't be enough.

We have to clean on 7 different floors and have three days from 8 am till 5 pm to finish the whole job. We have to do around 1010 sq/fts per hour 8,5 hours a day to get the job done in this three days. Should work Smile . I ordered a new case of DS2 from Rick's UK supplier (they provide a great service by the way).

Consider using your Crb and do straight Encap on lightly soiled areas will go a lot faster

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Congrats on the big job Bernd!
I am sure things will go great.
Bernd, make sure you have two spare bottles for the Orbot.

Figure out roughly how far one bottle will take you & leave a full one nearby.

It's then a simple matter of pull the empty one out & replace with a full one.

By having another full bottle further down, this will take pressure of your helper to keep the bottles full.

Alternate the work between you & your helper so that one is not getting worn out doing the same work.

This type of work is cream, BUT, before you start to clean, walk through, place all rubbish bins, etc; on desks.

Pull chairs out from desks.

After you clean under the desk, replace the chair, it's very easy, I do it all the time with my Cimex.

I do several large floors of offices like this regularly.

Work out a system & stick to it.

All the best mate.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
(05-10-2017, 12:51 AM)lee@deepclean.us.com Wrote: Congrats on the big job Bernd!
I am sure things will go great.

Thanks Lee! Realy happy to get a job like this as a owner operator. We have some bigger companies here but they choosed me Smile
(05-10-2017, 01:07 AM)Lounge Lizards Wrote: Bernd, make sure you have two spare bottles for the Orbot.

Figure out roughly how far one bottle will take you & leave a full one nearby.

It's then a simple matter of pull the empty one out & replace with a full one.

By having another full bottle further down, this will take pressure of your helper to keep the bottles full.

Alternate the work between you & your helper so that one is not getting worn out doing the same work.

This type of work is cream, BUT, before you start to clean, walk through, place all rubbish bins, etc; on desks.

Pull chairs out from desks.

After you clean under the desk, replace the chair, it's very easy, I do it all the time with my Cimex.

I do several large floors of offices like this regularly.

Work out a system & stick to it.

All the best mate.

Cool

Thanks for your advice Shorty! We don't need to pull the chairs, rubbish bins etc. The office crew is doing it before we start cleaning. So we "only" need to go in vaccuming and cleaning Big Grin . I will use all three bottles and will have one full nearby. Good advice, thanks!

We have some smaller office jobs the next days and start working on a system.
(05-09-2017, 06:34 PM)cjscarpetcare1 Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 04:53 PM)Bernd Wrote: I am going to start with my biggest commercial job next week...25833 sq/fts of CGD. Its a big software company. I am realy excited and nervous... Will do the job only with my helper who is vaccuming and refelling the jugs of my Orbot. We do not need to move furniture.

Consider using your Crb and do straight Encap on lightly soiled areas will go a lot faster

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Great Advice!

Congrats Bernd,

No worries, after a few hours you and your helper will get in a productive groove and cover more and more ground. Below is a disclaimer I put in my quotes for these kind of settings to try and keep production flow.

DISCLAIMER: MOVING OBJECTS
“Company Name” does not move objects over 50 pounds in weight unless special arrangements have been made. “Company Name” will not move several small objects that result in a drastically reduced production rate. “Company Name” will not move anything of significant value. “Company Name” will not move any paperwork or boxes of any kind. “Company Name” will not move any chair mats.
Congratulations Bernd!!!
Sounds like an awesome account. Once you get it into a good flow it should go quickly. Three days to accomplish that should not be a problem. Shorty's suggestion about strategically placing jugs is a good idea. Try to get there people to do as much pre-vacuuming as possible, that way you can limit your vacuuming to the high traffic areas. The main thing is to get into hustle mode. If you hustle you'll find that you will be able to get into a good rhythm and knock out a lot of square footage quickly. Let us know how you make out. Take pictures too.
(05-10-2017, 11:42 AM)encapman Wrote: Congratulations Bernd!!!
Sounds like an awesome account. Once you get it into a good flow it should go quickly. Three days to accomplish that should not be a problem. Shorty's suggestion about  strategically placing jugs is a good idea. Try to get there people to do as much pre-vacuuming as possible,  that way you can  limit your vacuuming to the high traffic areas.  The main thing is to get into hustle mode. If you hustle you'll find that you will be able to get into a good rhythm and knock out a lot of square footage quickly.  Let us know how you make out. Take pictures too.

Thanks for your advice Rick! Will give you all informations when i finished the job!
(05-10-2017, 10:27 AM)GroovyJon Wrote:

Congrats Bernd,

No worries, after a few hours you and your helper will get in a productive groove and cover more and more ground. Below is a disclaimer I put in my quotes for these kind of settings to try and keep production flow.

DISCLAIMER: MOVING OBJECTS
“Company Name” does not move objects over 50 pounds in weight unless special arrangements have been made.  “Company Name” will not move several small objects that result in a drastically reduced production rate.  “Company Name” will not move anything of significant value. “Company Name” will not move any paperwork or boxes of any kind.  “Company Name” will not move any chair mats.

Thanks GroovyJon! I will translate the Disclaimer and use it for my quotes. Very good idea.
WELL????????????
Bernd, a really big job is simply a lot of small ones with no traveling in between.

Don't be concerned or overwhelmed by the size, set a comfortable pace so you don't tire out & swap with your helper occasionally.

Also make sure you have plenty of liquids & some nibbles so you don't get dehydrated or go hungry.

I love big jobs, it's amazing how much you can accomplish once you work out a system & stick to it.

All the best mate.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
So...finished today my biggest job. Took us two 18 hours. Many small offices and chewing gum. We had six bottles for the orbot with new solution.

Used DS2. Full weight kit and a glider. Customer was happy and was surprised about the result!

It was needle punch carpet. It is a nightmare and wicking is your biggest enemy. Used low moisture and did not pre spot. If we had a spot we made a circle around and scrubbed as you Rick discribed. Took a bit longer but no wick backs.

Started using SuperZorbs and changed to a tan scrub pad (vct). Worked great! We only used the Zorbs for extraction of some bigger spots or on traffic lanes.

It was fun as we developed a good working systemSmile

And thanks for all your kind words and advicesWink